DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise propellers

Des Steedman

Reactions
Can anyone advise if the low noise propellers for a Mavic Pro platinum are the same for a Mavic pro

Yes they are ... The 'low noise' prop's used on the MP Platinum, can be used in place of a set of stock Mavic Pro prop's.

Ive seen some carbon fiber propellers that say they are even quieter!? Any info on those?

I replaced the low noise DJI prop's on my MP Platinum with these Hensych 8331 carbon-fibre props: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07848LR4F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are exactly the same shape, and perhaps a gram or two heavier - but without the coloured ends. My experience is that the drone is just as quiet, but a bit more responsive - because the prop's are a lot stiffer and therefore don't flex in flight ( the stock plastic prop's can flex both length and width-wise and therefore the drone can be following the prop's rather than going with them). I've yet to do a test, but I'm sure that due to the stiffness of these prop's, they don't need to rotate as fast to keep the Mavic in the hover. I thought they may make the handling worse in windy conditions (where the flex in the plastic prop's can be useful), but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I'm very impressed with these prop's and would only use the standard set if that's all I had in my spares bag.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Try a search on these as there many threads on them.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

OK - decided to do the scientific bit to confirm my lower rpm in the hover theory.
With my Mavic Pro Platinum hovering at 3 metres, I got the following results:
- Stock DJI low-noise prop's = fluctuating between 501 and 515 rpm
- Hensych 8331 carbon-fibre prop's = fluctuating between 460 and 475 rpm
[Unfortunately I don't have a set of stock DJI Mavic Pro props to do all 3 ...]
Though I have no recordings, it also seems that the Hensych prop's have less high-frequency buzz and therefore are even a little quieter than the DJI prop's.
So - there you are ... Less intrusive at altitude, and needing lower rpm to stay in the air ... must have its advantages!

Master air screw props are good ones too, search here, or Google.

Master air screw props are good ones too, search here, or Google.
Agreed - but there doesn't appear to be a supplier in the UK??

A quick reality check here. The Mavic Pro Platinum props were designed and engineered for the Mavic Pro Platinums motors and speed control. An owner can use any prop that fits on there, but not without risks. The upside to using generic props might be a slight reduction in prop noise. The downside risks could involve props spinning off or breaking, uneven blade tracking, prop pitch that is too high for the OEM DJI Platinum motors and speed control and will overload them, prop RPM reduced so much to incur a blade stall, and power surges from the ESC trying to turn a higher pitch prop than was designed.

Yes, many generic props will fit, but they might not be worth trying on your $1000 drone. 3 things that I always use OEM products for are props, batteries, and chargers.

A quick reality check here. The Mavic Pro Platinum props were designed and engineered for the Mavic Pro Platinums motors and speed control. An owner can use any prop that fits on there, but not without risks. The upside to using generic props might be a slight reduction in prop noise. The downside risks could involve props spinning off or breaking, uneven blade tracking, prop pitch that is too high for the OEM DJI Platinum motors and speed control and will overload them, prop RPM reduced so much to incur a blade stall, and power surges from the ESC trying to turn a higher pitch prop than was designed.

Yes, many generic props will fit, but they might not be worth trying on your $1000 drone. 3 things that I always use OEM products for are props, batteries, and chargers.
I understand where you are coming from, but like everything, a Mavic Pro is a combination of products and services in manufacture that is designed to balance the cost of manufacture against the market sell price. With that in mind, DJI - like any other manufacturer - can't put the best available components together without making the Mavic just too **** expensive. If price was not an issue, would the stock Mavic Pro prop be carbon-fibre? It's a valid question ... I do respect your experience and value your comment however Mr Thunderdrones and will think long and hard ...

If price was not an issue, would the stock Mavic Pro prop be carbon-fibre?

I think that by making their props softer, DJI does sacrifice some performance, but soft props wont splinter or shatter like CF props do. DJI OEM props chip, crack, bend, but never almost shatter due to their elasticity. CF's are stronger, higher performance but less tolerant of damage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN