DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise Props - excessive vibration?

I bought a set and was surprised at how high the DJI lettering was. I filed it down and have not had a problem.
I do that as well, even with the older props.
Fancy putting raised lettering on the leading edge
Who the **** designs this stuff?
My guess is that the aeronautical engineers spend weeks maybe even months painstakingly designing the props using complicated aeronautical algorithms and sophisticated CAD software and then some dweeb in the graphics department looks at the finished prop and then says HMMmmmm nice but where will I place the prop part numbers,,, ahhh I think I'll whack em on the leading edge, yeah and I will make the lettering raised too! hehehehe

First flight trying low noise DJI props, I got a gimbal vibration warning after take off. Landed, props switched back and problem gone. They did sound better. Lower tone and volume are definitely more desirable. I was thinking it could be an out of balance prop.

First flight trying low noise DJI props, I got a gimbal vibration warning after take off. Landed, props switched back and problem gone. They did sound better. Lower tone and volume are definitely more desirable. I was thinking it could be an out of balance prop.
Change your gain settings to 90% (Position Menu / Advanced Settings / Gain) and the vibration warning will go away. Your setting may vary but 90% worked for me.

Reactions: Rnl and FL450
Change your gain settings to 90% (Position Menu / Advanced Settings / Gain) and the vibration warning will go away. Your setting may vary but 90% worked for me.

Better off without the props. Vibration causes blur and increased wear. It's not worth it.

Reactions: JeanSimard
Better off without the props. Vibration causes blur and increased wear. It's not worth it.
The vibration is caused by the Mavic over-compensating for how the low-noise props work and is eliminated by adjusting the gain settings.

Reactions: MDKEY
If you want them, I'll send them to you for free. PM me. At least somebody will get some use out of them.

They really do work good, just change your gains and give them another try.

I think the turning down the gain just increases the sensor threshold for the warning and the vibration is still there. So much precision in the rest of the machine and then sloppy props. It really comes down to this - Do you want to fly with no vibration or do you want to fly with no vibration warning?

It is not because the props are out of balance, it is how the Mavic fly's with them. This video explains how the low noise props can cause gimbal vibrations and how adjusting the gain settings can fix it. It worked for me.

Reactions: FL450
Cool video. Thanks.
Thing is, to really get it right you would need the blessing of DJI accompanied with the firmware they put on the Platinum that has the magic numbers for those props. Otherwise you might appear to be vibration free but still making the gimbal do more than it was designed for. It could even go past the vibration or oscillation to the point of harmonics. With this info, maybe I'll hang on to the props with hope that they throw us a bone with the firmware. It didn't seem right that all the fine engineering would be negated by a few crummy batches of props.

This seems like rocket science.
My MP works fine and definitely quieter with the new props with no changes in the settings.
The only thing I can think of to why some shake and others do not is maybe the wear factor.
My MP has only 6hrs of fly time so maybe when parts wear a little and tolerances are a little more sloppy, the gimbal may start to shake.

The platinum was designed for the low noise props and was set up for them out of the box. The Pro is set up for the older props. I had the vibration issue when I upgraded to the 8331 props on my Pro. There were forum posting on this a few months back. As stated adjusting the gain down to 90% solved the vibration problem and I have been a happy camper ever since. They are noticeably quieter to me. Performance is fine. I don't really detect any improvement in battery life but I am not really doing any research to see if it is better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito