DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'Low noise' props??

I agree with Brojon, I have a set and the sound is just different and way less obtrusive to my hears. I don’t really care what the dB measures, I just prefer the sound of the new props, plain and simple. In some situations, I do find it harder to hear than with the old props, but if that is just my imagination then I am fine with that, it is still a more pleasant sound to me and hopefully to others that may be around while I am flying. Others may feel completely different and that is fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

I've used mine 2 times on runs and they do have a different pitch to them but in the country with no background noise I still heard it coming back at about 1200' and that was fine as I do like to hear it coming back.
Only thing is I'm not seeing more distance but less using 65% battery out . And that was under the same conditions and a new battery .
Still more testing but I do like them .

Reactions: Brojon
All the tests using anything approaching properly calibrated sound measurement systems (vs people just guessing, placebo effect or mobile phone meters) have shown at most a 1-2db reduction and only for some flight stages. This is a reduction so small the human ear cant accurately detect it.

Anyone claiming "3-6db reduction" firstly doesn't have any sensible test protocol as not even DJI managed that with new ESCs and (ii) doesn't understand the decibel scale.

Placebo effect is strong with props....especially from people who paid money for them so *want* it to be true.

If you look at Drone Valley's YouTube frequency analysis of the new props you will see that there is a major change in the sound of the new props. Certain annoying bands have been eliminated or reduced in the midrange. This leads to the perception that they are much quieter as opposed to being just slightly so. I can vouch for that effect with my new props.

Yeah,just like comparing straight pipes,to Cheery Bombs! LOL!

Im never one to get to technical, but I noticed a difference. can I do a covert op with them? Probably not but there is a difference and worth the purchase in my opinion. Always a good idea to have extra props. Why not these. added bonus they look great on my Mavic with the black carbon wrap.

Reactions: Mavic 57
I tried them for about 4 batteries, and yes, the sound is a little "softer", but my main concern was that my motors were hotter than normal with the stock props. As soon as I switched back to the stock blades, all was back to normal. I didn't have my I/R thermometer with my, actually, can't find it. I just use the inside of my wrist for the "temp reading".

The new props do place a different loading on the motor, and maybe that's why they have the new esc's? and new control signals? and maybe just a slightly different motor with a different Kv rating? in the MPP?? The geometry is different.

Check your motor temps after flying and compare, and make sure you are not running the motors to hot with the new blades.

I'll stick with stock blades....

If you look at Drone Valley's YouTube frequency analysis of the new props you will see that there is a major change in the sound of the new props. Certain annoying bands have been eliminated or reduced in the midrange. This leads to the perception that they are much quieter as opposed to being just slightly so. I can vouch for that effect with my new props.

I did a decibel test in the studio and compared on my youtube channel. The video shows a side by side identical flight and I flip the sound between props whilst showing the dB levels. ... As others have mentioned, the dB is only 1-2. The pitch is slightly lower. TBH, when I'm out flying, there is no noticeable difference whatsoever. You would only notice the difference when comparing side by side; a slightly lower pitched buzz is still an annoying buzz.... A little over-hyped I believe....

Ian

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007