DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low vs critical battery and it’s functions

nyknba

Reactions
I’ve done research on here and am still confused.

In the app I know I can set the warning for low and critical battery levels.

1) by setting these values, does that affect any function of the drone in any way or is it simply just the settings for hearing the alert itself?

2) smart rth makes the drone fly back to its home point when it determines its power left and how much it needs to return home. Will it automatically do this once the level reaches a certain point or does it give a countdown that can be cancelled?

3) does it ever reach a level that will force it to auto land. I would think the smart rth would come before it reaching a level of auto land but I just need some clarity.

Thanks

I’ve done research on here and am still confused.

In the app I know I can set the warning for low and critical battery levels.

1) by setting these values, does that affect any function of the drone in any way or is it simply just the settings for hearing the alert itself?

2) smart rth makes the drone fly back to its home point when it determines its power left and how much it needs to return home. Will it automatically do this once the level reaches a certain point or does it give a countdown that can be cancelled?

3) does it ever reach a level that will force it to auto land. I would think the smart rth would come before it reaching a level of auto land but I just need some clarity.

Thanks

The adjustments to the low battery warnings is only when the alarms starts nagging at you;)
The smart rth will bring the bird back with +- 30% battery left depending on if you flew out with or against the wind. It does have a 10sec countdown during which you can cancel it.

I personally switched it off because it almost made me crash. I was standing in a barn with a big sliding door and wanted to land on the floor just inside the door so I came down flew inside by about 2 meters. Battery was at 25% so low battery alarm was beeping away. Now at this point I am looking at the drone and not the phone screen and suddenly I hear the rth beeping which is faster than the low battery beep...my rth height is set at 60m so little birdie starts flying up to rth altitude inside the barn. I was just in time to go full throttle forward out the barn:D:eek:

Reactions: nyknba
1) by setting these values, does that affect any function of the drone in any way
No.

The drone will auto land at its current location if the battery reaches the critically low level. The "Smart Return-to-Home" feature will attempt to bring the drone back on time, but it might not start RTHing early enough when flying in windy conditions. So, it would best to manually bring the drone back in cases like that instead of assuming that automated feature is foolproof.

Check out this video for more details on how to keep track of the battery level as you're flying:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: nyknba
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian