DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW

If you to have the Fly more you do not need the Sling, I just traveled a couple weeks in Mexico with my flymore and the included case was perfect. Before I left I ordered and tried 6 different Slings including the 150 and 250. I was looking for a better option to carry the mavic, my Osmo Plus as my A6000, while it all fit snugly in the Sling 150 I sent them all back, it was just too easy for me to carry the mavic and the osmo in their stock cases without the bulk of the Sling. Especially in a tropical climate, whereas the Sling would have been uncomfortible in the heat as well it is far more bulky than the stock less inconspicuous cases.

regarding the 150 and 250 basically the 250 has a bigger upper compartment. Personally I did not like the fit of the mavic in either the 150 or 250, the adjustable dividers are very limited and it is not a good fit. I tried putting the mavic and the controller in the top un divided compartment of the 150 and that was a good fit but you need a cushion between the mavic and the controller. Again if you have the flymore case stay with it. the only thing it will not hold is the charger which you do not need while flying anyway,

I have a huge targus back pack I travel with and all my cameras and other personal stuff fits in thier stock cases and then I just take out what I need and carry those around, it was so much better than a ONE dedicated camera bag, SO in the main back pack I carry mavic, osmo, 2 still camera, all chargers, Laptop, 2 ipads, Ipad mini, portable hard drive (to transfer media to) and I still have 1/4 of the back pack left for personal crap when traveling.

When I travels at most when I went out to fly I took the mavic and batteries and the osmo or a still camera both in thier compact cases instead of a larger case.

I do a lot of urban exploring using both a Osmo Pro and a Mavic Pro. I use two Lowepro Edge Sling 250 bags and a Pelican 1510 hardcase. One sling bag is for my Osmo and all it's attachments and batteries, the other is for the Mavic and it's remote and batteries. In the 1510 case I keep the chargers for both, a few Anker PowerCore+ 26800 power packs, and spare props and cables for both Osmo and the Mavic. When at a location I leave the Pelican case in the trunk because I don't need to carry chargers in with me. I usually take one Slingshot 250 in with me to film with the Osmo, than I'll go back to the car and swap out bags to use the Mavic for aerial footage. As much as I would love to carry one bag to carry everything, Urban Exploring often requires me to fit through some tight spaces. In the 250 bag that I use for the Mavic, I can comfortably fit the Mavic, it's remote, 4 batteries in Li Po protective cases, iPad Mini and it's 3D printed mount, a extra set of props, water bottle and a few other misc things. If I wanted to, I could fit the charger stuff in it as well but I prefer to have a separate case for the auxiliary stuff that really isn't needed at a moments notice.

IMG_0226.JPG If you're looking for more of a backpack, the Fastpack 250 is perfect.
One thing I added, (can do this to the Slingshot as well), I ordered Pelican 1401 replacement foam off of amazon and it fit perfect into the Fastpack. IMG_0226.JPG

Last edited:
Could you post some pictures...Im trying to decide between 150 and 250. I want it to fit the fly more combo + 1 battery

I have the DJI man-bag. Feels cramp.
I have the Lowpro Adventurer 160. Good and cheap.
I have the Caden K1 Sling - very good but does not have any space for food/light jacket. Its a good size to keep in the car.
Last and not least is my fav, the LowproSling edge 250 AW.
I think its perfect for the flymore combo + ipad mini. You also have a free upper compartment for food/light jacket.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20mavic%20layout%20.jpg

I have configured it for sling-quick access. This means I can get to the chopper and controller without taking the bag off my back or having to open fully. The controller is accessed behind the padded flap.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20side%20access.jpg

And you can fit an ipad mini/small laptop in the front.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20and%20laptop%202.jpg

There is 2 pockets in the top compartments for cables/spare props.

Last edited:
Thanks Mako...."Quick....to the choppa!" :)
I appreciate the pictures. Do you think that 150 is too small to fit the fly more combo?
M

Thanks Mako...."Quick....to the choppa!" :)
I appreciate the pictures. Do you think that 150 is too small to fit the fly more combo?
M

I don't own one, but if you use the top compartment, then I think its ok for the combo. I do think the lower padded compartment will be tad squashy.

Here is a video I did on how I set up my Mavic with the LowePro slingshot Edge 150AW. There's a bit of other information on there as well but some of you might find it interesting the placement of the drone and the five batteries. I also have VR goggles in there.

These are on sale for 52 bucks on Best Buy eBay store

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I do a lot of urban exploring using both a Osmo Pro and a Mavic Pro. I use two Lowepro Edge Sling 250 bags and a Pelican 1510 hardcase. One sling bag is for my Osmo and all it's attachments and batteries, the other is for the Mavic and it's remote and batteries. In the 1510 case I keep the chargers for both, a few Anker PowerCore+ 26800 power packs, and spare props and cables for both Osmo and the Mavic. When at a location I leave the Pelican case in the trunk because I don't need to carry chargers in with me. I usually take one Slingshot 250 in with me to film with the Osmo, than I'll go back to the car and swap out bags to use the Mavic for aerial footage. As much as I would love to carry one bag to carry everything, Urban Exploring often requires me to fit through some tight spaces. In the 250 bag that I use for the Mavic, I can comfortably fit the Mavic, it's remote, 4 batteries in Li Po protective cases, iPad Mini and it's 3D printed mount, a extra set of props, water bottle and a few other misc things. If I wanted to, I could fit the charger stuff in it as well but I prefer to have a separate case for the auxiliary stuff that really isn't needed at a moments notice.

I'd love to see some of your footage!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada