DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lower sensitivity of stick controls.

Reactions
Hi, recently bought a mavic 2 zoom. Unfortunately I have Parkinson's and struggle to control my hands when flying. Is there any way to lower the overall sensitivity of the stick controls so that my small involuntary hand movement could be ignored. I especially have problems with slow yaw while panning. I get a lot of jello and would like to be slower and smoother. Thanks for any advice

Hi, recently bought a mavic 2 zoom. Unfortunately I have Parkinson's and struggle to control my hands when flying. Is there any way to lower the overall sensitivity of the stick controls so that my small involuntary hand movement could be ignored. I especially have problems with slow yaw while panning. I get a lot of jello and would like to be slower and smoother. Thanks for any advice

@Jonathan Barton

Take a look at this YouTube video, might help you out;)

@Jonathan Barton

Take a look at this YouTube video, might help you out;)

Hi very informative video, had watched it previously, not sure I fully understood it. I have so far only had the mavic 2 for a day or so. I did adjust the exp and that sort of worked. My hand movements are similar to where you described the movement of the tail rotor on your helicopter. I have been preferring to use tripod mode, I am not sure whether the changes affect tripod mode. I have the yaw setting as low as it will go, but I think I have to be in P mode or s mode for those changes. Still I am very grateful for your reply, so thank you very much.

Also by switching your remote to Tripod Mode (switch on RHS) this will slow down all movements for smoother video.

For the ultimate in smooth video, once you've decided what you want to film, you could program the flight using waypoints in Litchi. It controls the drone along a pre determined route using smooth turns and angles the camera towards points of interest or direction of travel.

Best of all, these flights can be set up on a big PC screen before you set off to your location and saved off for later use.

I believe there have been some initial smoothness problems with the M2P but I'm sure they will soon be resolved. Many of us have used Litchi on the Mavic Pro.

Thanks for all your replies, have not been able to fly due to the stormy weather along the east coast of Australia. I have been experimenting with mounting the controller on a camera tripod to try to keep things a little steadier. Keep you posted when the weather improves.

Reactions: Porky
Thanks for all your replies, have not been able to fly due to the stormy weather along the east coast of Australia. I have been experimenting with mounting the controller on a camera tripod to try to keep things a little steadier. Keep you posted when the weather improves.

Let us know how you get on for future flying & how you solved stick control. Happy flyingThumbswayup

Hello Jonathon
I also made this video to show additional settings to slow things down, including the EXP, Yaw End Point and Gimbal Pitch movement speed.... And as mentioned above, using longer sticks will also help tremendously as a given stick movement will have less effect on the actual drone movement, which will help smooth things out as well.
Cheers
Ian

Many Thanks for your video, I had already reduced the EXP settings, but the yaw endpoint I have yet to find. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe these settings only work in Normal/Position mode. I do not think extending the length of the sticks will help in my case as my hand jitters would be continuously causing my fingers to lose contact with the sticks. I am awaiting a bracket that will fit the controller on to a camera tripod, hoping that if it is all supported solidly I will be able to get better results. Going to get a bit off topic here, can I ask what part of London are you from. I was born in Edmonton, North London and migrated to Australia in 1975. I am now 70 years old and and live just South of Sydney. Once again Thanks for the video.

Many Thanks for your video, I had already reduced the EXP settings, but the yaw endpoint I have yet to find. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe these settings only work in Normal/Position mode. I do not think extending the length of the sticks will help in my case as my hand jitters would be continuously causing my fingers to lose contact with the sticks. I am awaiting a bracket that will fit the controller on to a camera tripod, hoping that if it is all supported solidly I will be able to get better results. Going to get a bit off topic here, can I ask what part of London are you from. I was born in Edmonton, North London and migrated to Australia in 1975. I am now 70 years old and and live just South of Sydney. Once again Thanks for the video.
I merely work in London now; wasn't born there :)
Yes, these settings only work in normal P mode. Would strongly suggest you avoid Sports mode. As someone above mentioned, Tripod mode will help as this massively slows things down.
Re longer sticks, I still think this would. A movement of 1cm on a short stick would be full stick. A movement of 1cm on a longer stick would be the equivalent of a few mms, thus less stick movement and less effect. Maybe tape a small bit of dowling to the sticks and try it out :)
Cheers!
Ian

Hi, Many thanks for all the help and advice. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you all, we have had some bad weather in this part of the world. I have now mounted my Ipad on a camera tripod, so I only have the controller in my hands. I also found that in order for the T.P.S switch to work it has to be enabled, so even though I thought I was in tripod mode I was not. Things have improved quite a lot now, so thank you all for being so helpful and understanding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d