DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LRF and SRT Files

SRT files are for captions and turning off captioning will get rid of them. They are sidecar files that save telemetry data for some. video overlay plug-ins. LRF files are Low Resolution Files that are generated for the native app for editing purposes I believe. I'm sure there is somewhere in the app to turn them off...

Reactions: bkushner
Anyone know how to stop the Mavic 3 from generating these files? Don't need or want them.
In the camera section of the Fly app, turn off video subtitles. The will eliminate the .srt files.

Reactions: bkushner
Turned off the captions but no where to turn off the LRF and support said I can't.

SRT files are for captions and turning off captioning will get rid of them. They are sidecar files that save telemetry data for some. video overlay plug-ins. LRF files are Low Resolution Files that are generated for the native app for editing purposes I believe. I'm sure there is somewhere in the app to turn them off...
Thanks was wondering this myself just now.

I wrote support months ago and they told me there was no way to turn them off. Pita for sure.

Reactions: shb
At least now I know I can delete the LRF files, as no other program I have can even open them, let alone use them. PP is my video editing program, so these LRF files are useless to me, too!

At least now I know I can delete the LRF files, as no other program I have can even open them, let alone use them. PP is my video editing program, so these LRF files are useless to me, too!
All video players can display .LRF files if you change the extension to .MP4. Merely doing so will create two files with the same name and extension, so you'll have to avoid this situation. For instance, you can change the filename to something else, store the high-res and low-res files in different folders, or keep the .LRF extension and append .MP4 to it. The low-res files are useful in resource-deprived environments, such as phones, tablets and mobile networks. With some video editors you can cut your footage using the low-res clips and transfer the edits to the high-res clips later.

All video players can display .LRF files if you change the extension to .MP4. Merely doing so will create two files with the same name and extension, so you'll have to avoid this situation. For instance, you can change the filename to something else, store the high-res and low-res files in different folders, or keep the .LRF extension and append .MP4 to it. The low-res files are useful in resource-deprived environments, such as phones, tablets and mobile networks. With some video editors you can cut your footage using the low-res clips and transfer the edits to the high-res clips later.
Good to know. Is there a workflow in PP that will allow the LRF files to be immediately used as proxies, like DJI is apparently doing, instead of separately creating new proxies for the hi res originals, before editing in PP?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven