DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lumafusion on iPad 2018?

Coskier

Reactions
When I Google for Lumafusion and iPad, the search results are dominated by references to the iPad Pro. I am wondering if anyone here has experience with it on the iPad 2018, as that is where I am looking to do my editing from. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I’m using Luma Fusion on 6th Generation iPad (not Pro), works pretty well. That said Iam a complete novice, still have a lot to learn

Reactions: Coskier
Thank you. Guess I'll give it a whirl.

I’ve also used on an iPhone X and iPad 2017 and it works fine. I will say make sure you have plenty of storage space especially when using 4K.

Finished my first edit on the iPad this morning. Wasn't 4K footage, and I am not happy with how it looks in Youtube, but overall I am pleased. The iPad handled it fine.

Finished my first edit on the iPad this morning. Wasn't 4K footage, and I am not happy with how it looks in Youtube, but overall I am pleased. The iPad handled it fine.

Looks very good full screen on the desktop PC monitor in 1440.
It's old equipment, Gothic Mtn was a bit jittery for me in the fast pan for the start, but 1080 view was smoother (but still a bit fast, you should be able to slow that in Luma).

I'm keen to get another easy editor soon, as I'm pretty restricted with iMovie (for cuts, text, frame effects) and DJI editor (add their very limited music).

So how easy was Lumafusion for you as a new user ?
Besides scene cuts and text, did you do any other editing, or was this just the very early learning curve for you ?

What options to add music ?
Do you have any in the editor or access to some through that, or do you need to download free or low cost music from the various music share sites online ?

From what I've read here and around, Lumafusion is a big step up for me from my basic editors now, so likely I'll get it sometime soon and begin learning what it can do.

It was really easy, but the menu is not super intuitive, so I did need to view a couple tutorials. Besides the cuts and titles, I used a couple LUTs. All in all, easy and useful.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi! Trying to use Lumafusion but the iPad does not seem to see the sd drive with the Mavic pro mp4 files. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Am I missing something?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett