DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lume Cube Strobe Anti-Collision Lights

silverdragon

Reactions
Has anyone purchased these yet? If so, do you like them? Are they bright like some of their competitors? I guess the real question is ARE they worth its weight in gold?

You know, I did not even pick up on that. But due to its size, what can they possibly weigh?

I have a pair of Lume Cubes. They are well-made and do a good job. However, I don't think gold is that cheap...

Reactions: razoraerial
Well, I'm supporting 2 Lume Cubes with rev.2 mounts. 1 STROBON Cree strobbie and the M2Z seems like at hover idle the motors are working their little hearts out. I hover idle @525-550 rpm without the Lume Cube Max and mounts and Strobon. With 2 LC max, lights and mounts and Strobon the hover idle is 625-650 rpm. A whole whopping 100+ rpm. I guess I'm after running the LC & Mounts and one very bright strobe. So if the Lume Cube strobes are brighter and lighter I may go that route. My god,, I'm thinking all this should I, or shouldn't I Is starting to make me nutso.... anyways, I will wait to see if anyone buys them for review.

I have Lume Cubes. Never heard them referred to as strobe anti-collision lights. Are these new or are you asking about the standard Lume Cubes that have mounts that attach to the arms of the bird? They offer a strobe option but I use them as a solid light to fly at night. They are substantially brighter than you will get out of any single LED strobe but do come with a weight and a few minutes shorter flight time.

I have Lume Cubes. Never heard them referred to as strobe anti-collision lights. Are these new or are you asking about the standard Lume Cubes that have mounts that attach to the arms of the bird? They offer a strobe option but I use them as a solid light to fly at night. They are substantially brighter than you will get out of any single LED strobe but do come with a weight and a few minutes shorter flight time.
Yup, brandy new... I just need a few people to buy them and do an honest review on them.. they come in white with a green and red lens to swap about.

Single pack $49.95 usd
Three pack $145.95 usd

I use Lume Cubes for "object illumination" for Emergency Services but for Anti-Collision there are much better (And lighter) options. The LCs are a bit heavy but they serve a good purpose.

We are using them on an aircraft much larger and more robust than a Mavic though so weight isn't as much of an issue.

Yup, brandy new... I just need a few people to buy them and do an honest review on them.. they come in white with a green and red lens to swap about.

Single pack $49.95 usd
Three pack $145.95 usd

I wasn’t aware of new ones. Do you have a link for them? I can’t find them online or the Lume Cube page directly.

Attachments

• 20190611_120504.jpg
    20190611_120504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
At the bottom of the Lume Cube brochure it says "Check out more info at WWW.LUMECUBE.COM You said you tried that already?

On the Lume Cube site directly I only see the original cubes and the Lume Cube Air. The Air is a little smaller but no recommended on drones as they have an internal magnet that could affect the compass. Both options have diffusers to change the color. But I am not seeing a smaller strobe at all anywhere. Could be me, but not seeing anything else.

On the Lume Cube site directly I only see the original cubes and the Lume Cube Air. The Air is a little smaller but no recommended on drones as they have an internal magnet that could affect the compass. Both options have diffusers to change the color. But I am not seeing a smaller strobe at all anywhere. Could be me, but not seeing anything else.
Did a picture come over of the brochure as a jpeg

I bought one. And for a specific reason, the red lens cover. I live in an area with heavy military aviation training. USAF C-130s and US Army helos using Night Vision Goggles (I am a retired USAF C-130 pilot). Typically they fly at 300' AGL. While I am not flying anywhere near the bases, there are SR- routes all over the place. Fact about NVGs -- red lights are by far the most visible to people wearing NVGs.

Of course, I'll fly smart and avoid situations where there might be a conflict. But the few times I've flown at night, I could certainly see the potential.

I bought one. And for a specific reason, the red lens cover. I live in an area with heavy military aviation training. USAF C-130s and US Army helos using Night Vision Goggles (I am a retired USAF C-130 pilot). Typically they fly at 300' AGL. While I am not flying anywhere near the bases, there are SR- routes all over the place. Fact about NVGs -- red lights are by far the most visible to people wearing NVGs.

Of course, I'll fly smart and avoid situations where there might be a conflict. But the few times I've flown at night, I could certainly see the potential.
They claim you can see them over 3 miles, do you agree with that claim?

I think there's some conflation happening here. There are three products: Lume Cube, Lume Cube Air, and Lume Strobe.

iu

iu

2_1ae34557-f697-4c35-be08-479b046c5561_700x.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura