DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Luminar 4

Mavic Mac

Reactions
I posted a message HERE in the Firmware & Software section asking about Luminar 4. It is on sale and was trying to get some input.

I use Luminar 4 all the time, great if you have a crappy sky because there is a sky replacement function that does an amazing job, also has other landscape enhancements, sun flares and other fun stuff too.

I use Luminar 4 all the time, great if you have a crappy sky because there is a sky replacement function that does an amazing job, also has other landscape enhancements, sun flares and other fun stuff too.
Thank you

I love Luminar 4 even with its bugs. It actually makes the editing process fun. A few clicks and you have a new sky, change the light, remove objects, etc. It can be slow, however and its catalogue system is elementary. If you use lightroom luminar can be used as a plug in. Luminar releases one's creative juices.

Thanks you

Well I took advantage of their sale and bought Luminar 4 and some of the add-ons. So far very impressed with it. I am just a novice amateur at photography but enjoy the editing. The one click feature of changing the sky was fun to play around with.

Thanks you

Well I took advantage of their sale and bought Luminar 4 and some of the add-ons. So far very impressed with it. I am just a novice amateur at photography but enjoy the editing. The one click feature of changing the sky was fun to play around with.

Attachments

• Hilton Head Sunset.jpg
    Hilton Head Sunset.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Mavic Mac
To me it is amazing what one can do in Luminar 4. The two attachments are the same picture - original and a "play around" version just playing with the options.
You don't have to be a good photographer anymore - just a good photo editor. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I am good ;)
As @gdich stated Luminar releases one's creative juices.

Attachments

• Boats at Hemmingway for practice.JPG
    Boats at Hemmingway for practice.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • Boats at Hemmingway for practice  A.jpg
    Boats at Hemmingway for practice A.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 18
I posted a message HERE in the Firmware & Software section asking about Luminar 4. It is on sale and was trying to get some input.
I have been using it since Luminar 3 and now 4. I still have LightRoom for cataloging but Luminar has some great tools for raw processing. I will right click an image in LR and then open the image as a copy in Luminar. After using the great tools in Luminar, I apply the changes and sent the edited tiff back to LR. Works great. Good value in my opinion

I have been using it since Luminar 3 and now 4. I still have LightRoom for cataloging but Luminar has some great tools for raw processing. I will right click an image in LR and then open the image as a copy in Luminar. After using the great tools in Luminar, I apply the changes and sent the edited tiff back to LR. Works great. Good value in my opinion
Luminar is fun. I use it as a plugin for Ps/Lr often (I just upgraded to 4, now 4.2.2, I think) but it seems pretty powerful as a stand-alone program. It can do about 80% of what the Adobe products can do (maybe less because I’m not a Ps expert) and the library function is a lot less robust than Lightroom’s. But a pretty solid program. The sky replace function is pretty fun just for playing around, and its auto-enhance seems to be better than what Adobe has right now for easy editing. What I haven’t spent any time figuring out is Luminar’s ability to do higher bit-depth processing (I assume it can, since Skylum makes a separate HDR program as well). And it does have some more sophisticated color correction and curves functions, but not quite on the level of Adobe.

But I have recommended Luminar to lots of friends, and I tend to make most of my edits there and through a couple of Topaz plugins these days, with fine tuning in either Photoshop, or, more often, Lightroom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn