DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 lost signal every flight and go RTG

texmur

Reactions
After 6 flights I have big problem with losing signal at EVERY flight. distance from me was between 70-250meters. helps only switch of and on controller. than it works for approx 10 minutes ok and again lost signal. It was at different locations and every flight. I have connected Samsung note8. where can be problem?

You must aim the antenna antenna
At the craft also must have a line
Of sight between your antenna and
The craft

this I know. I was at open area faar from city so there are no wifi smog. antennas are at correct position and drone was 70-250m from me at approx.60m attitude. MAVIC IS NEW AND PROBLEM WAS AT EACH FLIGHT.
I am afraid if it is failure of drone or remote control.
I will put here logs after a Download them...

Last edited:
no. wifi on phone was on. but before with old p4 I never has this problem for 3 years ago. anybody has connection lost so often with mavic 1 or mavic 2 with wifi On?

Your phone's Wi-Fi would end up occupying a channel which would be one less that the Mavic can use. If you don't have an established WiFi connection, I'd think the phone would be more passive though.
Be sure you have the Mavic on Auto so it can seek out the best channel.

You should not need to power cycle your remote. Fail-safe RTH is automatic. It takes a little longer on the M2 because it backtracks it's path hoping it can reaquire signal where it had it before. The P3 had a quirk where you would lose downlink before uplink so in that instance you still had control but not know it. I don't think the M2 is prone to that but might be your situation.

yes rth is automatic but I wanted regain control so l on and off remote control

After 6 flights I have big problem with losing signal at EVERY flight. distance from me was between 70-250meters. helps only switch of and on controller. than it works for approx 10 minutes ok and again lost signal. It was at different locations and every flight. I have connected Samsung note8. where can be problem?
Try airplane mode. My Samsung G8+ was fine for the P3P, but I was getting this to with the M2P. Have not had it since using airplane mode.

Something might be wrong with that
Craft if it were mine I’d return it immediately

that is why I was asked here if other pilots have the same issue with wifi ON at mobile phone and loosing control of mavic 2

I experienced a very simlar problem yesterday, turned out that the USB cable from my CS to the controller was damaged and causing the signal loss. Quick replacement of the cable and everything was good again

problem seems solved
it was dust in phone USB c connector. cleaned with ethanol. tomorrow I will make test

Just in case it's not that...

I've been plagued by this issue too. My suspicion is that it is something to do with me using the app with my Mavic air.

I force closed and the cleared the storage for the DJI app and then simply connected again. It then flew without any disconnections. A few days (and several batteries/flights) later I had the same issue again. I followed the steps above again and flew for 3 batteries that day and a couple of weeks after (without flying my air using that phone). I've encountered the issue 4 times in total. It's frightening when you've taken off from a tight spot assuming you'll land manually.

I could be wrong, but clearing storage for the app means I don't have the issue again for many flights (hopefully ever this time).

Good luck. I was about to return mine, but now I love it (though hope it stays working).

I use a pixel 2 and noticed that only the phone was disconnecting (the controller worked for a while without it). Disconnects would not reconnect for several minutes sometimes (I got paranoid about ensuring the take off location has space for inaccurate RTH). My brother uses a pixel 2 as well and did not have this issue.

Last edited:
problem seems solved
it was dust in phone USB c connector. cleaned with ethanol. tomorrow I will make test
Hope it works bec my s8+ has same disconnect issues. Let us know.
Last p3 had wf connection to phone so no issue.
My phone disconnects randomly with auto android...erc

I have about 8 flights in with my Mavic 2 using a combination of iPhone 8, CrystalSky and Goggles and I have not had as much as a glitch in either the control or the video feed. So far it's way better than my Mavic Pro or my P4P. Hope the dust in the connector was the problem.

I have about 20 long flights with my M2P. First day I got it I started getting phone disconnects.
You must check your controller screen for signal, in my case it was full.
I immediately realized it was my phone, replaced the cable and started using the port on the bottom, made a huge difference. After 16-18 long distance high interference flights no problem.
(I live in a high wifi area and my backyard is surrounded by 4 big concrete walls where I take off from)

I have about 20 long flights with my M2P. First day I got it I started getting phone disconnects.
You must check your controller screen for signal, in my case it was full.
I immediately realized it was my phone, replaced the cable and started using the port on the bottom, made a huge difference. After 16-18 long distance high interference flights no problem.
(I live in a high wifi area and my backyard is surrounded by 4 big concrete walls where I take off from)
Bought a new long cable to try in base usb port for this weekend...
New cable worked in auto android fine today...so hope work ok for msz

I’ve had two Mavic 2’s have signal issues. One was inside 1000 meters and the other was at 1500 meters with a clear line of sight. Both failed to return to home and were not found despite an extensive ground search. The flight records verify that I had RTH heights set and properly enabled. I will look at my cables based on what I’ve read here, but I am still at a loss to explain why RTH failed me with both Mavic 2’s (one was a zoom, the other a pro). I’m out close to $3,000 dollars and there’s no good reason for it afik.

Also, I used the “find my drone” feature after both incidents and the drone was nowhere to be found at or anywhere around the position indicated in the go4app find my drone location indicator. In both cases I started a search at the indicated location and very thoroughly (several hours a day of searching over several days) worked my way out from the spot for well over 100m in all directions.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope