DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 lost signal every flight and go RTG

Toonces: I am so very sorry about your double loss, that’s really a kick in the gut especially when you don’t know why. I doubt anyone who hasn’t yet lost a drone can understand the feelings but I’ve lost one and I think I know how you feel.

In the meantime, perhaps it can be determined what caused the losses. I sure hope so. Hang in there mate.

KB

My m2z failed again today.
Will not connect then says remote controller error
Then connects then disconnects... then randomly connects and asks me to enter what dji i plan to fly...all this on the ground before take off...
Last 4 flights have all been disconnect rth.
My phantom 3 was perfect compared to this
So bact to retailer.
About to bin it if nn fix

wifi was off. previously was on and m2z flew fine.
phone connection clean.. checked with 40x viewer.
Tried usb to base with new cable but no difference .
i can fly with no info apart from controller screen... so i do not fly.
I can see the proper dji "go fly" screen start up then go back to grey.....
waiting for dji to talk to me.

I will try another phone... I have a older Samsung note that worked fine for 2 years on the p3.
For fortunately the retailer is quite helpful.

Try a different device but i think there is a hardware problem with you AC. If you get a working AC they are a great Drone.

try this: move with USB cable connector at your phone. freeze sometime picture? if yes clean connector and cable pin with alcohol. then they it these again if problem is solved. me helped this.

Today I changed to my old galaxy note 5.
Put dji go4 on ok.
This runs a different one sided cable connection into phone unlike the s8+ that goes in either way.
On start up it connected to app automatically then did a remote controller upgrade through WiFi.
The correct go fly option came up.
So all good to this point.
I was in my kitchen where all my drones are started and connect ok to each other and satellites.
Remote controller was flashing message...
MAG INTER...CHECK APP.
so I did not take off.
I have had this happen several times before to ski drones. These Warning usually happen in the morning.... I suspect a large electrical motor on a nearby farm...
My second drone flew away one sat am which was both entertaining and sad to watch.
Since then I have dji which have the warning system.
I am assuming CHECK APP does not mean check the application..... so what do I now check.
Tomorrow I will travel 10 is away to try a flight...

Check app usually means check your device for messages and status for details to the problem. I don't think it means the app itself.

These Mavic 2's (and Mavic Air) seem to have a feature in the firmware where every 30 days a compass calibration is required. I recall reading about it somewhere and my Zoom was almost ready for takeoff when it threw a compass calibration error. I checked calendar and it was about a month since I had received it from retailer. Very strange and I wish DJI would be a little more transparent about it.

Today travelled 20ks away with m2z.
Used usb cable to base with Samsung 8+.
On start up remote said ..mag inter check app.
Phone screen said go fly.
So i went to go fly and screen worked then in red said
Calibrate compass. So I did as directed the usual 360 spins.
Then everything worked fine and I flew for 10 mins ...in sight in case of a disconnect.
There was one disconnect when video record stopped and started. May need to wire up cable.
But it works.
That is the second calibrate compass direction.
I did not hear...your home point has been set...
Which I'm sure normally happens
Another flight tomorrow....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31