DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 saved my day

SCK

Reactions
This was not a use for the drone that I had thought about when buying it but I was glad I put it in the truck when I was heading out to look at some land I was interested in. the land has several beaver ponds and I wanted to get a good look at them and the surrounding land to see if it had potential for waterfowling. when I got to the property, I realized that getting to the ponds was going to require working my way through significant briar patches. I bypassed the issue by putting the M2Z up in the air. Went up to 200' then flew over all the ponds, stopping and zooming in on key features as needed. What would have taken me several hours walking (and some blood) turned into a 15 minute flight and really gave me better info than I would have gotten at ground level.

I was able to flip to map view on the controller and fly over each of the ponds and position it at areas I wanted to focus on then flip back to camera view and zoom in on specific features. it was my first time to really utilize the map view to navigate as I knew that at 200' I would easily clear any trees and have good line of sight to the drone. it was fun to learn that I can really trust the data the controller is displaying.

When I was done looking, I hit RTH and it landed on the small piece of plywood (not much bigger than the M2 footprint) I used as a launch pad. I forgot to take my normal launch pad and was a little nervous about using the small scrap wood I found because it really was too small. I swear, if I had marked where the legs were on the plywood prior to takeoff, they would have been within a inch on return.

So to summarize, this thing is awesome, helpful, and it didn't crash or fly away. I was also able to show my wife the video of the land and point out the pro/cons. In the past I would have just had to describe it which is less than ideal. I am going to pass on the land but the M2Z is going with me on any future land searches.

Way tp put it to work, glad you had a successful flight. It would have been a rough day for sure after batttling the water and briars and then having to pass on the land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark