DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 Zoom - Easy 13km RoundTrip - Litchi with Manual Zoom - I love it !

Rockowe

Reactions

No FCC in South Africa - so Max Video Distance - really is about 5km...
… BUT … that doesn't mean its a Limiting Factor -

Also remember that Johannesburg is at 6000ft asl - so the air is pretty thin -
Yet still this Drone Just handles it …

This Video - Launches from a HillTop (10m - 20m) Mavic 2 Zoom -
Software LITCHI - Pre-planned -

Av Speed 52km/hr turns at 6.4km - Lands (13km round trip) with 35% Battery Available-
Excellent result at 6000 ft !!!!

Some Speeds in the Video are Portrayed as 6x - (and looks Awsome)

Loved the Views... and the effortless ability of the ZOOM Camera and drone -

Litchi Kills it !
- allows Manual Zooming and Control - "most of the way" :)

Reactions: ff22 and sea157

No FCC in South Africa - so Max Video Distance - really is about 5km...
… BUT … that doesn't mean its a Limiting Factor -

Also remember that Johannesburg is at 6000ft asl - so the air is pretty thin -
Yet still this Drone Just handles it …

This Video - Launches from a HillTop (10m - 20m) Mavic 2 Zoom -
Software LITCHI - Pre-planned -

Av Speed 52km/hr turns at 6.4km - Lands (13km round trip) with 35% Battery Available-
Excellent result at 6000 ft !!!!

Some Speeds in the Video are Portrayed as 6x - (and looks Awsome)

Loved the Views... and the effortless ability of the ZOOM Camera and drone -

Litchi Kills it ! - allows Manual Zooming and Control - "most of the way" :)
Awsome Rush -
…. Love my Drone ! (used the Hub to preplan)

So you preplanned your Mission with the Mission Hub , then uploaded it and controlled the speed manually? What speed did you set within the Settings on the Hub for Cruising?

So you preplanned your Mission with the Mission Hub , then uploaded it and controlled the speed manually? What speed did you set within the Settings on the Hub for Cruising?
- I set the speed at the Maximum Possible - For a Long away mission.
Thing is (with LITCHI) is if it loses connection for any reason - it will continue at the same speed as preprogrammed-
- SO if Loss of signal at a slow speed its Kinda stuck there-

I make sure that the speed I set is Fast or slow so that at all times its recoverable-
If Ur SURE about full connection over the Mission - then setting the HUB Settings Cruise =0 km/h is fine and then you can control the speed - Backwards or forwards along the path.

BTW the Hub settings always can be overridden with the RC anyway.

… apart from Speed - … You can run the Drone like a WireCAM along a fixed path - If you set the SETTINGS on Manual/USER (and not any of the other) - along with speed at Zero-
That Way you control the GIMBAL - the Speed to inspect anything along your preprogrammed path in detail- With Zoom its an Extra Bonus.

So you (for example ) may plan the perfect route for a 'neighbourhood watch' - or crops survey - or Just your Perimeter - … and take your good sweet time along the mission. - If you set the end point to REVERSE (in settings) you can stay in the mission and just fly backwards along the roughte by RH stick down etc...

I love the WHOLE LITCHI THING -
… also being a software developer - Iv created some Awsome tools for myself.... to use in conjuction with Google Earth, HUB and Litchi APP-
1) Taking any log of any Flight - and Making Litchi Mission of it instantly-
2) Joining Parts of Missions - or Reversing other Parts-
3) Then with Virtual Litchi - Seeing a great representation BEFORE you fly...

Litchi (besides all the Odd Gimbal Glitches) is Awsome !

Reactions: FL AV8R and ff22
I’m keen to try Litchi one of these days but the line from dji that if your drone crashes while using Litchi you are not covered kind of scares me a little.

Can you please do a flight over Hillbrow next time.

I’m keen to try Litchi one of these days but the line from dji that if your drone crashes while using Litchi you are not covered kind of scares me a little.

Maybe one of the TXT/LOG file experts can tell us - does the log show which app (DJI or Litchi) is controlling a particular flight?

… Iv Never Crashed ith Litchi … But DJI Go- I have ! - Two ever crashes in 1000's of flights
… and the Drone survived-
Don't think Litchi can Be a problem - if you Plan responsibly-

The idea - is careful Planning Prior to a Launch and Test- … then to run a VIRTUAL LITCHI Mission - This is awesome - done on Google Earth - which 95% emulates yr flight -
… SO If U gonna crash with your PLANNED Mission - … Its gonna Happen Vrtually - before you ever get up there...

BTW...
Click Here... (Also done in Litchi- 2017 - Mv1pro - Hillbrow at 3"30' tm )

Last edited:
Heres a FUN One for you - Made today - Bonus (Green Screening yr Drone in Flight ….
… Using LITCHI - so you can see its really All good - If you PLAN it...
This one was planned using Google Earth as a Waypoint Viewer ...

… apart from Speed - … You can run the Drone like a WireCAM along a fixed path - If you set the SETTINGS on Manual/USER (and not any of the other) - along with speed at Zero-
That Way you control the GIMBAL - the Speed to inspect anything along your preprogrammed path in detail- With Zoom its an Extra Bonus.

So you (for example ) may plan the perfect route for a 'neighbourhood watch' - or crops survey - or Just your Perimeter - … and take your good sweet time along the mission. - If you set the end point to REVERSE (in settings) you can stay in the mission and just fly backwards along the roughte by RH stick down etc...

I love the WHOLE LITCHI THING -
… also being a software developer - Iv created some Awsome tools for myself.... to use in conjuction with Google Earth, HUB and Litchi APP-
1) Taking any log of any Flight - and Making Litchi Mission of it instantly-
2) Joining Parts of Missions - or Reversing other Parts-
3) Then with Virtual Litchi - Seeing a great representation BEFORE you fly...

Litchi (besides all the Odd Gimbal Glitches) is Awsome !

Hi Rock, very interesting thread. i am also a user of Litchi and understand totally the enthusiasm you share for the app! I was wondering if it's possible for you to share with use those tools you've created - in case its possibile and obviously if you are willing to share them with us.
thanks!!! mickey

Hi Mickey,
Thanks for your message.
I do Fly with Litchi Quite a Bit -
Its My Program of Choice - even though Dji-Go has evolved quite a bit.

Recently im enjoying Manual Precision Flying -
While Litchi offers invaluable tools for Repetitive flying - ... its Easy to get Bored flying the Same route.

My Favourite Litchi function of all time - was to Fly a Manual route... that had an interesting Path - ...

... Then to use the LOGS to create the Mission.
This I did with Software I wrote (in Visual Basic of all things) using all the drone DATA (Literally Thousands of Lines of pertinant DATA - at 10 lines per second) - and then to compress all of this into LESS than NinetyNine Waypoints.

Quite a Challenge - But fun - figuring out Std Deviations, Angles, and MEAN points - to keep only the Pertinent ones

Then Afterwards - to REFLY that Mission - Knowing that it would not crash - and THIS time with the DJI Goggles - with Head control - so that I could work the Mission - safely But Looking all around FREELY - like I was in an Overhead BUS.. or PLANE looking any way I wished - (Whilst still safely en route to my destination).

To be Honest - I never Created this For Public Consumption - and where it would probably be cool for everyone to Play with data in this way - ... I kinda figured - that most guys were doing something similar - ... with spreadsheets and the Like.

So this is My awsome (messy software) that gives me fine tuning control over Millions of Pieces of DATA - ... to finally end up with 99 waypoints for Litchi
f.jpg

Reality - is that the software is Like a Workbench at the Moment -

I havent used it in a While - but yes - I can do a whole Bunch with it-
After all its Just Manipulating DATA - Any which way I please...

Sorry I couldnt be more forthright in offering something up to you to mess with - ... But theres Lots of Pieces that it Uses -
... so at present it its really not that easy for most to use besides me.

Rob

Reactions: Biggmoinc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000