Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E Dual Thermal Camera test with different settings

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Weather still too nasty to fly, but I put the drone on the garage floor and had my wife go out in the woods about a hundred feet away at dusk. She was bundled up in a jacket and hood and I took several pics with the drone in different IR settings.

First, visible light. You can barely see her between the car and basketball goal in the maroon jacket. Then all the other pictures are different infrared settings. Still have to play a lot more with the settings to find the optimum one to see someone from 125 AGL. But this looks very promising. The M2ED is a game-changer for SAR.

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 111
  • DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DJI_0008.JPG
    DJI_0008.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DJI_0006.JPG
    DJI_0006.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I kind of like the gray one, more contrast.

Reactions: Former Member
it looks like a blast to tinker around with
What little I've gotten to play with mine, it is pretty cool. Unfortunately, here the last couple weeks, I would be better off had I bought a remote controlled boat.

nice test. did you do one with the temp range tuned down to body heat as well? (32 to 40 deg i think), i can't rem the name of the setting but its under camera

nice test. did you do one with the temp range tuned down to body heat as well? (32 to 40 deg i think), i can't rem the name of the setting but its under camera

Yes I did - inside in total darkness. I want to do that test hovering at 125 AGL while she is in vegetation. the setting doesn't appear until you turn on the isotherm setting.

RCdancer, how far away was your wife from the aircraft when you did the ground based shots? In other posts, I am an hearing that SAR with the Dual is best within 100 ft. If that is the way it is, then it is good to know.

RCdancer, how far away was your wife from the aircraft when you did the ground based shots? In other posts, I am an hearing that SAR with the Dual is best within 100 ft. If that is the way it is, then it is good to know.
I've been able to see a red blob (enough to send a ground team to investigate) from 150 feet. It will take a lot of practice to be good at it, that's what grand-kids are for, right?

It IS! . . . long as you don't expect to get rich . . .
The new servo tilt mod had to go back for "adjustments" . . but should be able to fly it again in a week or so

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661