DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2EA -- Controller

Swat1018

Reactions
Have a new M2EA. Also have an M2ED that I use for crash scene mapping, with the DJI GS Pro app. Want to map with the new M2EA with RTK, but the M2EA won't work with the GS Pro iPad app or iPad. The on board software in the smart controller doesn't have the "hover and capture" feature that I use for night scenes. Has anyone else worked through this issue. Can't understand why DJI doesn't make all of their hardware compatible with their software / apps.

I expect they don’t want to devalue the high end models. I don’t have the Advanced but I recall on the Dual, after lots complained about no digital zoom (a useless feature in my opinion) they added it to an update. I’d complain to DJI, I think they do their best to accommodate

The "high end" models really aren't any better. The dumb controller accepts GS Pro iOS free app, which has the "Hover and Capture" feature. The high end smart controller isn't supported with GS Pro and the onboard app has fewer features. Just as bad, Pix4D doesn't have a controller that works with the smart controller. Why would they put out an RTK drone, with less powerful mapping software? Crazy...

Have a new M2EA. Also have an M2ED that I use for crash scene mapping, with the DJI GS Pro app. Want to map with the new M2EA with RTK, but the M2EA won't work with the GS Pro iPad app or iPad. The on board software in the smart controller doesn't have the "hover and capture" feature that I use for night scenes. Has anyone else worked through this issue. Can't understand why DJI doesn't make all of their hardware compatible with their software / apps.

Sad to say, the RTK module rarely works with any M2EA controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929