DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P 4:3 Aspect Landscape photoe

Chippuccio

Reactions
I have to shoot 4:3 aspect in landscape mode for my company. Landscape mode already set in the settings. However 4:3 is not an option when phone, rc and drone are all powered up. With only rc and phone on, 4:# is the defaukt and can also shoose 16:9 and 3:2. As soon as I power up drone it defaults to 16:9 and the only options are the 16:9 and the 3:2. Anything I am missing or need to do adjust another setting be able to shoot landscape mode photos in 4:3?

It does 3:2 and 16:9 (ie the 2 standard camera aspects) which is a lot better than 4:3 which nobody really needed.
If you want 4:3 just hit R in lightroom and crop. Takes half a second.

If i shoot in 16::9 and crop to 4:3,
Won’t ot be distorted? Need
Tonsend raw in cur ornunesited footage.

Am new to all this , but 16:9 aspect is same width, but narrower on top and bottom than 4:3. If i cropped or sized to fit 4:3, the top and bottom of the shot from 16:9 would be pulled down and up to frame it to 4:3 no?

G: It seems the OP isn't familiar with cropping in LR, PS, Camera Raw, etc.

OP: When you select a crop tool, you can choose what aspect ratio you want to generate either by right clicking (in Adobe Camera Raw,) or from the respective menus in Photoshop and Lightroom. This assumes of course that you are editing with Adobe CC apps. However, other image editors will have a similar procedure, I'm just not familiar with them.

Now, if you left click and drag, you will see a selection begin to appear and it will be in the aspect ratio that you chose. Start by just creating a selection smaller than your image. Then, left click the center and move it to the top left corner of the image. Next, hover over the lower right corner of the selection until you get the diagonal arrow and drag that point to the bottom edge of your image. Finally, left click in the center of the selection and move it over the area you want to keep from the image and hit <Enter>. That will give you the crop you need with no distortion. This is different than what you're thinking, i.e., to try and adjust the dimensions of a 16:9 or 3:2 image which WILL distort the photo.

Holler back if you still aren't sure how to do it.

KB

Easier option in LR or PS is just to go to "custom" aspect ratio and type in 4:3....

Thanks all. I will eventually be editing both videos and photos, so looks like my best option is to go with Iadobe premiere pro CC for the $50.99/month. It looks like it has the whole suite of editing software for videos and photos. Will be a learnign curve for me, but adobe does have some onine training vids and there is a video/photo editing online class in the drone launch academy I am using to train for the faa107 test.

Easier option in LR or PS is just to go to "custom" aspect ratio and type in 4:3....

For each shoot, I will be taking minimum 60 to max 100 photo of each property. There a way to bulk convert to 4:3 from 16:19 in lightroom?

For each shoot, I will be taking minimum 60 to max 100 photo of each property. There a way to bulk convert to 4:3 from 16:19 in lightroom?
If you can't shoot in 4:3 (does the Mavic really not do that?) .... You would do better to shoot in 3:2 and crop from that.
3:2 gives you the largest image size to start with (16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648 ).
16:9 (16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078 ) is a crop from 3:2

If you can't shoot in 4:3 (does the Mavic really not do that?) .... You would do better to shoot in 3:2 and crop from that.
3:2 gives you the largest image size to start with (16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648 ).
16:9 (16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078 ) is a crop from 3:2
great info. That was my next question. And no the mavic 2 pro only shoots in 3:2 or 16:9 now

I tried to do an autonomous multiple crop scenario in both Lightroom and Camera Raw but was unsuccessful. Is it simple, G?

KB

The sensor in the 2 Pro is a 3/2 sensor which is the standard for most non "point and shoot" digital cameras that was carried over from the 35mm film days. Other Mavics including the 2 Zoom are 4/3.

Easy to bulk crop in LR if needed. But it's unlikely the customer actually wants 4/3, they probably just don't want 16/9. Best to talk to them.

I tried to do an autonomous multiple crop scenario in both Lightroom and Camera Raw but was unsuccessful. Is it simple, G?
Crop one, copy develop settings and select crop, paste to others.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan