DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P 4:3 Aspect Landscape photoe

I don't get their point at all with the new version - Just a "modern" interface where it's actually much harder to find things, that only does 1/10th of what Classic does, and worst of all the whole "cloud-based" thing it forces on you...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, K And I know a whole lot more about classic than I do the new version so I’ll switch back. It is harder to find things in the new version but I didn’t know about the cloud business. Thanks again.

KB

"Classic" isnt old - its still the current, full version of LR.

CC is the cut down, cloud only version designed more for people doing things with mobiles. Its nowhere near as powerful.

You should be able to select all, turn on auto sync and do a crop for batch as well in classic.

G: It seems the OP isn't familiar with cropping in LR, PS, Camera Raw, etc.

OP: When you select a crop tool, you can choose what aspect ratio you want to generate either by right clicking (in Adobe Camera Raw,) or from the respective menus in Photoshop and Lightroom. This assumes of course that you are editing with Adobe CC apps. However, other image editors will have a similar procedure, I'm just not familiar with them.

Now, if you left click and drag, you will see a selection begin to appear and it will be in the aspect ratio that you chose. Start by just creating a selection smaller than your image. Then, left click the center and move it to the top left corner of the image. Next, hover over the lower right corner of the selection until you get the diagonal arrow and drag that point to the bottom edge of your image. Finally, left click in the center of the selection and move it over the area you want to keep from the image and hit <Enter>. That will give you the crop you need with no distortion. This is different than what you're thinking, i.e., to try and adjust the dimensions of a 16:9 or 3:2 image which WILL distort the photo.

Holler back if you still aren't sure how to do it.

KB
Turns out they will accept 3:2 now. Good news. no editing needed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78