DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Battery charger/cycler and battery management

I've tried to summarise it before: Battery Auto Discharge Timer

Some people like to handle their intelligent batteries like they had good experience with it for a very long time with other LiPo cells. Nothing wrong with that ...
For me, eventhough I would like to set the auto discharge to something around 3 - 5 days, but can't, will not worry too much with the batteries by following DJI's guidelines.
It is still open to debate whether you achieve a significant higher quality over lifetime or lifetime expectancy in general.

I did however order the 4 times parallel charger and going to adapt my cycle strategy: once depleted after flight I will hook on the batteries to charge to 65 % and then, when I certainly know I will fly again, will bump them up to the rest of 100 %. That however ups the cycles too. So, we'll see, what is going to be better anyway. ;)
Your proposed strategy should have no impact on cycle count. Seems to be a good approach.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I am doing similar plus I use the discharger linked earlier to discharge unflown batteries down to ~60%. This might have a little positive impact on battery life, plus I feel better not having a bunch of LiPos sitting around at 100% for 10 days for safety reasons, even as rare as DJI battery fires seem to be.

@WithTheBirds
I do hope so. Should make things a bit less to worry. ;)

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty