DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P controller only charging to 97% and no further.

You're depending on a battery management system to indicate the degree of charge and these can be out of calibration since the system is only estimating the amount of charge based on the voltages it sees during charging. One thing that might help is to discharge the battery to a low value (NOT zero) by letting it power the drone on the ground. This gives the management system a better idea of where 100% is and might remedy your issue. A laptop shows the same issues from time to time, but allowing it to discharge its battery more fully usually get a 100% reading to show again. Take these readings with a grain of salt because, again, they are estimates that the management system comes up with and don't truly reflect the exact state of charge.

You're depending on a battery management system to indicate the degree of charge and these can be out of calibration since the system is only estimating the amount of charge based on the voltages it sees during charging. One thing that might help is to discharge the battery to a low value (NOT zero) by letting it power the drone on the ground. This gives the management system a better idea of where 100% is and might remedy your issue. A laptop shows the same issues from time to time, but allowing it to discharge its battery more fully usually get a 100% reading to show again. Take these readings with a grain of salt because, again, they are estimates that the management system comes up with and don't truly reflect the exact state of charge.
Thanks for that info.Why is it that when I charge the controller through the DJI battery charger it only goes to 94-97% but when I charge with a small external battery(for a phone)it goes to 100%.Just curious.

Thanks for that info.Why is it that when I charge the controller through the DJI battery charger it only goes to 94-97% but when I charge with a small external battery(for a phone)it goes to 100%.Just curio

Thanks for that info.Why is it that when I charge the controller through the DJI battery charger it only goes to 94-97% but when I charge with a small external battery(for a phone)it goes to 100%.Just curious.
Explain how you're charging using an external battery. Usually, you provide 5 Volts (via the DJI charger) to the drone battery (the latter of which contains the charge control circuit). How are you connecting that external battery to the drone battery and what voltage is the external battery?

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Interesting that my M2P controller decided to charge to 100% this morning after only going to 97-99% for months.... go figure?

Interesting that my M2P controller decided to charge to 100% this morning after only going to 97-99% for months.... go figure?
How far did you discharge the battery before doing this recharge. The charge management system will re-calibrate itself on a deep discharge so that might be the reason??? It can lose track of where 100% is when there are a number of not-so-deep discharges (and when frequently topping off the charge without a discharge).

How far did you discharge the battery before doing this recharge. The charge management system will re-calibrate itself on a deep discharge so that might be the reason??? It can lose track of where 100% is when there are a number of not-so-deep discharges (and when frequently topping off the charge without a discharge).
Aware of what you state... see my earlier post
To answer your question: It can vary, but never gets low... the last charge was done starting from 80%.

Aware of what you state... see my earlier post
To answer your question: It can vary, but never gets low... the last charge was done starting from 80%.
Try giving your charge circuit exposure to a low discharged state (20-30%) and see if that produces a 100% reading when you do a full recharge. Let your battery sit over night after discharging and then do a full charge and see if it makes a difference.

Try giving your charge circuit exposure to a low discharged state (20-30%) and see if that produces a 100% reading when you do a full recharge. Let your battery sit over night after discharging and then do a full charge and see if it makes a difference.
If it doesn’t charge to 100% (as it did today) on the next recharge I’ll give that a try. Thx for the procedure.

FWIW, connect the phone to the controller when discharging or it will turn off by itself quite quickly. Before that it will produce annoying beeps. The drone does not need be powered on

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic 57
Mine now stops at 62%. I'm going to try and discharge it to zero to see if it will correct the issue. I'll post an update after the attempt.

Mine now stops at 62%. I'm going to try and discharge it to zero to see if it will correct the issue. I'll post an update after the attempt.
Filipok, I came across this thread while researching my own similar problem. I see that yours (above) was one of the last postings here: any idea what happened after your next attempt??

I currently seem to be charging to about 92%—still not a HUGE loss, but it is bugging me not to know if this is anything other than something else’s Old Age…

I just got an M2P FMC and everything is brand new, except for the controller, which us around 2 yrs old (long story). My remote would only charge to 97-98%, as well, when I used the DJI Charger's built-in micro usb-c plug.
I decided to use an aftermarket Fast Charging Block, and it charges to 100% everytime, now.
Hope thus helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev