DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P CS7.85U Home point weirdness

UgashikBob

Reactions
During manual launch in an area where I have had no previous interference problems I am seeing inconsistencies in the the way home point can be confirmed. Previously I used to watch for a clip level of I think 9 satellites then the H for home point would not only be announced but displayed on the battery time line, the radar circle display and the map window, Per suggestions I would wait at 30 feet momentarily and in insure all three H's I mentioned previously were displayed before departing. Now at the 30" pause I see usually 15-18 satellites and H in the center of the radar circle and a h in the map box and nothing on battery time line or no audio announcement of Home point recorded. The H typically appears at some point in the flight on the battery time line. I did ALL the calibrations after installing the AC 200 upgrade. Must be missing something or is this normal after the AC 200 upgrade?

I did ALL the calibrations after installing the AC 200 upgrade. Must be missing something or is this normal after the AC 200 upgrade?
Your drone records a home point when it gets a good GPS location fix.
When your indicated distance changes from N/A to a number, you know you have a home point recorded since that distance is the distance from ... the home point.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Like I mentioned above I get a good gps fix indicated by 9 or more satellites but the question remains of why no audible message before takeoff and a time lag before the H appears in the battery time line. Not the way it used to work.

Like I mentioned above I get a good gps fix indicated by 9 or more satellites but the question remains of why no audible message before takeoff and a time lag before the H appears in the battery time line. Not the way it used to work.
It's not uncommon.
Your volume might be turned down or the app is handling too many things at the same time.

Crystal sky volume is at max. No apps added to CS and Go4 is only app enabled on priority setting. Googlefu on Mav2 volume settings has many opposing ideas but best appears to be it is controlled by your display.
It's not uncommon.
If the app is handling too many things at the same time you won't get the audible message but you can still see that a home point has been recorded on the screen.

It may be common but to me its unacceptable for a flagship product like the cs that was marketed as the answer to lagging video etc. If you accept the theory of missing function because its to busy it would not give many people a warm theory about it missing mission critical functions if its to busy. Out of four flights this morning I received the recorded home point message only once.

It may be common but to me its unacceptable for a flagship product like the cs that was marketed as the answer to lagging video etc. If you accept the theory of missing function because its to busy it would not give many people a warm theory about it missing mission critical functions if its to busy. Out of four flights this morning I received the recorded home point message only once.
I won't try to explain it to you a third time.
And it's not mission critical to hear the audible advice since there are several visual cues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954