DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Dynamic Home Point

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
Anyone else having problems using the dynamic home point? It always says the GPS has a weak signal, I have tried an iPhone 6s+ and XS.

I experienced the same problem and get the feeling no one is interested in solving it. I have tried it with both an iPhone X and an iPad mini for both using iOS 12. I think DJI is just not interested and just pay lipservice to The concept of customer service. I know that one time DJI were thinking of linking up with Apple but I’m sure Apple would not link up with the company with such poor customer service. It’s a great pity because the product is excellent but in these days The manufacturer should expect to fix bugs such as this and the lack of course lock and home lock

i want to say this is more dependent on the device (in this case your phone- IOS/Android) and the locations services settings you have currently on your phone as that's what the app uses; apps themselves do not have their own location services functionality, they use whatever is available in the device. As we know connectivity in general enhances locations services so (and forgive the dumb question) do you have all connectivity turned on regardless if it's connected to something or not (WiFI, Bluetooth and cellular services. secondly what are your location settings for the device and the device2app on your phone? is everything turned on? is it "only when the app is running"? or "always on"? i would ensure your device is setup to optimally receive GPS signal.

Androids have an 'improve accuracy' setting but that will burn down the battery faster, not significantly but it is noticeable. the locations setting for your iPhone are under 'privacy'. note the app setting and then the system services at the very bottom of the app list.

i want to say this is more dependent on the device (in this case your phone- IOS/Android) and the locations services settings you have currently on your phone as that's what the app uses; apps themselves do not have their own location services functionality, they use whatever is available in the device. As we know connectivity in general enhances locations services so (and forgive the dumb question) do you have all connectivity turned on regardless if it's connected to something or not (WiFI, Bluetooth and cellular services. secondly what are your location settings for the device and the device2app on your phone? is everything turned on? is it "only when the app is running"? or "always on"? i would ensure your device is setup to optimally receive GPS signal.

Androids have an 'improve accuracy' setting but that will burn down the battery faster, not significantly but it is noticeable. the locations setting for your iPhone are under 'privacy'. note the app setting and then the system services at the very bottom of the app list.
Thank you for that very comprehensive reply but I did have location services turned on “always on“ and I have cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and data All turned on. From reading other posts I am convinced that this is a DJI GO 4 problem (or a firmware problem) as I have no problem accessing and using GPS on both my iPhone X and on my iPad mini 4 With other apps

Thank you for that very comprehensive reply but I did have location services turned on “always on“ and I have cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and data All turned on. From reading other posts I am convinced that this is a DJI GO 4 problem (or a firmware problem) as I have no problem accessing and using GPS on both my iPhone X and on my iPad mini 4 With other apps

and I don't have enough knowledge to deny that, my thought process stems from my knowledge of apps and how they utilize these types of services and in most cases it's simply they leverage the existing service (in this case GPS) and it's native settings so i believe it's something in the device and OS more than it's in the app. you could be right, the code DJI used is not using the gps services on the device properly, just seems odd to me they would cut short in one of the most important areas.

GPS is finicky, you need clear sight of the sky, a minimum number of satellites for a given amount of time then there's real vs assisted (wifi/cellular/bluetooth), heck, if you use the standard controller it's in a position where your hands AND body cover it so we're not getting the best scenario right from the start. Couple that with the drone GPS communicating to the controller and it syncing to your phone GPS you now have a scenario of a clear sky view source talking to a potentially obstructed view source. when someone says "my GPS works fine" how do they really know? what another app tells them?

I'm definitely not a drone expert, i'll lend that to you all but i think there's more to this then shoddy programming/app usage but if it was me i'll be running another 3rd party app along with DJI go4 that uses the gps so i have a frame of reference or in the possible case, it enhances the gps as it's "flexing that muscle".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31