DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Is so quiet....

Can’t do that with the deer around my neck of the woods. I’m not sure how close to them I was with my 2P (guessing 130ft maybe) and they spooked easily. That’s one of the main reasons I went and bought the zoom.

I know the Mavic 2s are quitter but I'd never thought you could have gotten that close to wild deer. I guess they are use to the neighborhood comings and goings and were a little more forgiving.

When you tried it, did you think you'd be able to get that close?

That was really cool and some great photos.

Reactions: charliesRig
Can’t do that with the deer around my neck of the woods. I’m not sure how close to them I was with my 2P (guessing 130ft maybe) and they spooked easily. That’s one of the main reasons I went and bought the zoom.
I was flying in my sister's back yard which borders a wooded area and was hovering about 30 ft up when 2 deer saw it and approached with no fear. The M2P is really quiet.

I'm a little confused here. This thread says m2p but the close up of the deer looks to be shot by a m2 zoom not pro

I'm a little confused here. This thread says m2p but the close up of the deer looks to be shot by a m2 zoom not pro

You caught me .!
as close as 3 ft the wide angle lense on the M2P
Make the picture look like your farther away then you actually are
The
The first pic is what came off the card.
I then took that pic and through
MSPaint I minimize it and the cropped it ..... if left alone the JPEG is so large it take along time to transfer to a third party app .....

The M2P takes fantastic dramatic pictures
As you will see in my future post
But I have been flying a MP1
For the last 2.5 yrs and before that 1080p
So this M2P
Is crazy upgrade from were I just came from
Again sorry if you thought I was misleading you
The beauty of the M2P
Is the post Edit .?

......cR

You caught me .!
as close as 3 ft the wide angle lense on the M2P
Make the picture look like your farther away then you actually are
The
The first pic is what came off the card.
I then took that pic and through
MSPaint I minimize it and the cropped it ..... if left alone the JPEG is so large it take along time to transfer to a third party app .....

The M2P takes fantastic dramatic pictures
As you will see in my future post
But I have been flying a MP1
For the last 2.5 yrs and before that 1080p
So this M2P
Is crazy upgrade from were I just came from
Again sorry if you thought I was misleading you
The beauty of the M2P
Is the post Edit .?

......cR

Lol I know what you mean. Im down here at the beach with my m2p and I've done the same myself with some of these beach shots. I love the m2p camera as well. I flew the m1p for a cpl years before too and a P3 before that so I've seen a drastic change. I actually flew my P3 a few weeks ago and I almost crashed it on purpose because I was so ashamed of the picture quality. #m2p

Her you go untouched I could not get any closer then 6 feet to the trees (9-10ft) to deer
...Sorry couldn't upload file too big
9.65 MP
I MSPaint it down to 568kb
Original size Just cut out with MSPaint

Last edited:
If you shoot video in 1080p, with the M2 Zoom, you can zoom from 24mm all the way up to 96mm (4x) which allows you to video even the most skittish of wildlife, and still be far enough away that you are also immune from bird attacks, as they can't fly up as fast as you can ascend, especially if you are 4x farther away.

The M2 Pro offers an effective 39mm view in 4K HQ mode for video, compared to the effective 28mm view of its 4K FOV mode. So the HQ 39mm crop of the Mavic 2 Pro is almost as close as the 48mm optical zoom end of the Mavic 2 Zoom, while retaining the dynamic range of the 1" sensor. The 39mm equivalent of the M2 Pro HQ crop is an effective 1.4x zoom of the 28mm equivalent of the M2 Pro FOV. It is also a 1.62x zoom of the wider 24mm M2 Zoom. Not quite 2x, but close enough!

Last edited:
I think those neighborhood deer are conditioned to noise ;)
M2 profile also doesn't seem threatening in a low hover, where it gently whirrs like a low speed silent fan, allowing very slow movements closer to the subject, much like a wildlife photographer crawling very slowly along the ground, closer to their subject in camo. Until you get within their personal space, they don't perceive the threat, which is where the M2 Zoom excels. You can fill the frame by zooming, rather than flying closer, once you have reached the boundary of their personal space.

The deer are obviously used to noise of urban areas. Look at the background the deer are grazing in a residential area so they are used to people, cars, etc.

I think those neighborhood deer are conditioned to noise ;)

What he said. It looks like those deer could be someones pets. I can't get that close to my grandkids without them running away. Camera shy little kritters. Regardless those are good shots, not dissing them in any way!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter