DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Night photos and videos

AmirChar

Reactions
Wanting some input on low light/ night shooting... here are a couple scenarios I would love some feedback on.

1) Night skyline (think Chicago or Seattle skyline), no wind, 11 o'clock at night

2) Same skyline as above, but slow panning video (2K or 4k HQ). I tried with the auto settings and when the drone was heading straight towards the skyline (no side panning) everything seemed crisp,but the second I try slowing panning side to side, the lights blur quite a bit.

3) if I wanted to do a night hyperlaps of skyline and roads, would it be the same settings as # 2 above?

I thought even in Auto that there was a pre-configured setting for low light (I just can't seem to find it).

Thank you,

This is a great tutorial that helped me out with camera settings for Hyperlapse. Apply this to what you already know about low-light shooting. For straight video capture, just remember rule of thumb is shutter is 2x frame rate. So 4K/30 you should set shutter at 1/60. As many have noted, the sweet spot for the aperture is about f/4.

This is a great tutorial that helped me out with camera settings for Hyperlapse. Apply this to what you already know about low-light shooting. For straight video capture, just remember rule of thumb is shutter is 2x frame rate. So 4K/30 you should set shutter at 1/60. As many have noted, the sweet spot for the aperture is about f/4.

I never really understood that rule of thumb. I set my shutter to 1/60, but it's way too overexposed when shooting on a sunny day, even with polarizing filters. I need to go 1/400 or 1/500 at a minimum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688