DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2p Night settings

1hoax

Reactions
Any advice on night settings would be greatly appreciated.
My photos seem ok but my videos are really noisy : (

Any advice on night settings would be greatly appreciated.
My photos seem ok but my videos are really noisy : (

Really need to know what drone , and see the video to address this issue ?

Going with the Hyperlight setting will yield you some very good results
Icon 153.JPG

Reactions: 1hoax
Have never used Hyperlight. Can you please elaborate and still indicate your preferred settings?

Reactions: Hauptmann and 1hoax
It totally depends on if you're using manual or automatic settings. Your best bet is manual settings, lowest possible ISO, and a nice wind free night. AEB and shooting RAW is a must, then HDR and post processing.

This was a night shot with the Mavic 2 Pro.MileHIgh.jpg

Have never used Hyperlight. Can you please elaborate and still indicate your preferred settings?
Hyperlight is an autosetting in the camera menu. You are unable to make adjustments to it, but the results are very good from my experience. I believe their are a few videos by Billy Kyle and Ken Dobo showing some compairisons.

It totally depends on if you're using manual or automatic settings. Your best bet is manual settings, lowest possible ISO, and a nice wind free night. AEB and shooting RAW is a must, then HDR and post processing.

This was a night shot with the Mavic 2 Pro.View attachment 99746

Wow, that’s incredible. Nice to see what can be achieved with a little know how : )

In my above video, I used an ISO of 100. You have to fly super slow to not get a blurred pictures. You see how I made my orbits and turns, you can speed up footage in post, but you need a clean video to start with. I did this with no post work.

So, even at night, keep the iso as low as possible? What do you set the shutter at, for video?
You will get different opinions on ISO setting, some will go as high as 1600-3200 and as low as 100-200. it will come down in what you are trying to achieve. In my video above, I knew I wanted to get up close to the building and I wanted the most clear picture possible. If I remember correctly I think my shutter speed was around 1/100. The speed of the drone is the real factor. Even in day time flying, especially when yawing if you do it to fast all you get is a blurr, but if your able to slow it down and allow for the shutter to keep pace with your motion you can keep a clear view. Most youtube experts (Peter Mckinnon) will tell you to not do turns/yaw movements as it is a distraction to the viewer (edit them out), but the reality is that most people are not able to do such movements while maintaining a clear picture. I have a video (Cal State San Bernardino Foothills) where I do a manual POI and go into a yaw movement in the opposite direction (no cuts just one continuous movement). Now the funny part is this, on my 4k screen I can see some blur, but on my phone or other 1080p devices it plays smooth/clear as glass.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock