DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P - Noise in video at ISO 100

Laursen

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots :)

I'm really having issues with noise in both video and photos from the M2P. I feel like I've searched endlessly on YouTube and Google – can't find any solution.

Video is worst. I'm always at 100 ISO but since I'm not that technical skilled yet, I don't know where to put aperture and shutter speed. Therefore I quickly switch to auto – then back – and set my aperture and shutter speed based on auto-mode (does that make sense?). Overall I'm trying to put the white balance just to the right of the center.

I've attached two files. D-LOG and colorgraded version: noise_colorgraded.mp4 and 1 more file

I don't use any ND-filter.

Do you think there is a problem with my drone, or is it just me??

- Mathias

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
Manual settings
Exposure a 2 X frame rate
ND Filters if bright
AV at 0 or close too

Reactions: Laursen
I'm not going to download and run an unknown file from someone with one post. Can you upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and post the link?

Hello fellow pilots :)

I'm really having issues with noise in both video and photos from the M2P. I feel like I've searched endlessly on YouTube and Google – can't find any solution.

Video is worst. I'm always at 100 ISO but since I'm not that technical skilled yet, I don't know where to put aperture and shutter speed. Therefore I quickly switch to auto – then back – and set my aperture and shutter speed based on auto-mode (does that make sense?). Overall I'm trying to put the white balance just to the right of the center.

I've attached two files. D-LOG and colorgraded version: noise_colorgraded.mp4 and 1 more file

I don't use any ND-filter.

Do you think there is a problem with my drone, or is it just me??

- Mathias
posts like this are difficult to react to as it is not clear what your reference is and what you take for a standard acceptable noise level. so, if you compare M2P 1" sensor noise with a RED or even full frame DSLRs sensors - well, sure thing, it is not there and is significantly inferior. but if you compare it to M2Z - it is way better. so, it is all relative.

solution is - expose to the right using the histogram on the screen during shooting, make sure to shoot in the DLOG-M color to capture all 10 bit, then while in the davinci resolve - rotate the gamma wheel to get to the required brightness level. if you do not like the noise - you can apply noise reduction during processing, do not recall if you need to get a license for that or not. other than that - not sure what to say.

'we transfer', etc. - do not use that. give here links to your google drive, if you want to share.

Wiser people than I have said “there is no noticeable benefit of D-log” you’re just making yourself a lot of work and unless your an expert color grader then the end result may be worse. I use H265 which I thick gets you 10 bit colour depth & set the exposure, manual mode, carefully using the histogram and what u see. Make sure auto iso is OFF, use the lowest ISO that allows u to set 180 shutter speed, aperture around 5.6 or wider. I leave white balance in sunny day, unless it’s cloudy.

Wiser people than I have said “there is no noticeable benefit of D-log” you’re just making yourself a lot of work and unless your an expert color grader then the end result may be worse. I use H265 which I thick gets you 10 bit colour depth & set the exposure, manual mode, carefully using the histogram and what u see. Make sure auto iso is OFF, use the lowest ISO that allows u to set 180 shutter speed, aperture around 5.6 or wider. I leave white balance in sunny day, unless it’s cloudy.
h.265 has nothing to do with color depth, it is a codec. but, you are absolutely free to do what you think is right.

posts like this are difficult to react to as it is not clear what your reference is and what you take for a standard acceptable noise level. so, if you compare M2P 1" sensor noise with a RED or even full frame DSLRs sensors - well, sure thing, it is not there and is significantly inferior. but if you compare it to M2Z - it is way better. so, it is all relative.

solution is - expose to the right using the histogram on the screen during shooting, make sure to shoot in the DLOG-M color to capture all 10 bit, then while in the davinci resolve - rotate the gamma wheel to get to the required brightness level. if you do not like the noise - you can apply noise reduction during processing, do not recall if you need to get a license for that or not. other than that - not sure what to say.

'we transfer', etc. - do not use that. give here links to your google drive, if you want to share.

I understand. It's also a difficult thread to start, because there could be so many factors playing a part in this problem.

Thank you for your advice!! I will definitely remember that next time flying. And also about WeTransfer – did not know it's a no go here :)

Thanks again.

Thanks a lot. I know DLOG requires a lot of skill and probably more than I have, but I will try get there :)

Thanks for your setting tricks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife