DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P+RE in Gimbal Head Tracking mode = ruined video by shaking gimbal

JK-JK

Reactions
I have already reported to DJI. The M2P with RE are useless for filming in the mode :-(
The video is shaking.

BTW: I tried to work with both Sensitivity settings in the goggles menu. No change. It looks like the stabilization is not working in this mode.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roamer105
I did it, but it did not help. It looks like the stabilization is not working it this mode.

It is. But the head tracking is tuned for fast response to feel natural, not really for filming, so every slight movement of your head even unwanted is reproduced.

It is. But the head tracking is tuned for fast response to feel natural, not really for filming, so every slight movement of your head even unwanted is reproduced.
I am not sure, the Mavic Pro and white goggles do not have this behavior in this mode. Even more, the feeling is not good as well if it is shaking. I understand what you mean.

I didn't try the head tracking in flight yet but on ground tests the goggles re and m2 didn't have this issue. With yesterday's goggles firmware.

Do you have RE version? Is there any new firmware? I have done the last refresh a week or two ago.

I have already reported to DJI. The M2P with RE are useless for filming in the mode :-(
The video is shaking.

BTW: I tried to work with both Sensitivity settings in the goggles menu. No change. It looks like the stabilization is not working in this mode.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I second that. I too reported it to DJI and at the same time suggested to implement a third head tracking option that controls Gimbal Pitch ONLY. It turns out that if you use Head Tracking Flight, the gimbal pitch is NEVER an issue, it is only the yaw that keeps fowling up by jerking while panning. Even if the yaw sensitivity is set to lowest (effectively turned off) this problem still exists.

Filming in the Head Tracking GIMBAL mode is completely impossible (aside from getting sick to the stomach and confused about flight control. There too, if DJI would eliminate the AC pitch/roll feedback, maybe the "where-i-look-to-where-the-AC-points" would actually become useful and realistic.

DJI definitively uses the "B" team on this product. Too bad, it otherwise is quite useful. I now simply use it as a way to see in bright daylight without any head tracking engaged. The other issues are: No video enhancement on the goggles when shooting DlogM even if enabled in the Go4 app. Also, no HD (1080p) live-view when shooting in any 4K modes. This may well be something they just can't do and I am fine with 720p. It is still much better than squinting at any display in broad daylight.

You can do 1080p live view while filming 4K on the M2.

But yes they really have got a bunch of things wrong around the goggles, and it's very frustrating when there are people around who do know what to do but they don't care about listening to them.

I second that. I too reported it to DJI and at the same time suggested to implement a third head tracking option that controls Gimbal Pitch ONLY. It turns out that if you use Head Tracking Flight, the gimbal pitch is NEVER an issue, it is only the yaw that keeps fowling up by jerking while panning. Even if the yaw sensitivity is set to lowest (effectively turned off) this problem still exists.

Filming in the Head Tracking GIMBAL mode is completely impossible (aside from getting sick to the stomach and confused about flight control. There too, if DJI would eliminate the AC pitch/roll feedback, maybe the "where-i-look-to-where-the-AC-points" would actually become useful and realistic.

DJI definitively uses the "B" team on this product. Too bad, it otherwise is quite useful. I now simply use it as a way to see in bright daylight without any head tracking engaged. The other issues are: No video enhancement on the goggles when shooting DlogM even if enabled in the Go4 app. Also, no HD (1080p) live-view when shooting in any 4K modes. This may well be something they just can't do and I am fine with 720p. It is still much better than squinting at any display in broad daylight.

Yes, the limitation for Up/down gimbal is the solution that could help us. I have sent them my wish list as well. The question is if they will follow our requests or not.

You can do 1080p live view while filming 4K on the M2.

But yes they really have got a bunch of things wrong around the goggles, and it's very frustrating when there are people around who do know what to do but they don't care about listening to them.

Yes, but only if you set the goggles to HD first, then set the correct video mode using the Go4 app and start recording with the go4 app. Any changes to that applied through the goggles while in HD live will override and change the recording mode 1080p. Very annoying.

Yes everytime the goggles connect they reset the camera to 1080p30 and the photo size to 16/9, it's highly annoying but DJI's been made aware of it too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916