DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P remote serial number?

GordonWhite

Reactions
I need the remote serial number to allow flight authority in a NFZ (I have the permission) but I cannot read the remote serial number as label is smudged, I have tried DJII assistant but no help. HAs anyone got the answer? Hope so :-(

I need the remote serial number to allow flight authority in a NFZ (I have the permission) but I cannot read the remote serial number as label is smudged, I have tried DJII assistant but no help. HAs anyone got the answer? Hope so :-(
You can find the remote serial number in the about section of the Go 4 App while connected. Write it down for future reference.remote serial.jpg

Thank you for the reply.
How odd, I can not see a legend for the remote serial number, the list ends at Camera Serial number. I am now wondering if it is because I am using a CS5.5 screen. I understand there are issues with downloads because the bottom of the screen is not displayed

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.
How odd, I can not see a legend for the remote serial number, the list ends at Camera Serial number. I am now wondering if it is because I am using a CS5.5 screen. I understand there are issues with downloads because the bottom of the screen is not displayed
Do you have another device that you can use?

curious - why would they need the serial # of the remote control? I could understand it for the UAV itself, but the controller?

DJI asked for the remote controller s/n. I have used my IPhone and I now get the full screen down to 'contact website' but no mention of the remote, the only reference is to what I imagine is the software version. Interesting that Crystal Sky limits the info you can see.

I don't know why they are asking for the RC # but I'd be willing t bet that if you put in your AC S/# it will work. Assuming you registered your AC with DJI.

I live in an authorization zone ind if I want to go up to try something I have been using the AC S/N and it works. I just tried it and it works fine.

Added: Just below the input field it says "Your serial number can be found in DJI GO > General Settings > About"
and that is the AC S/N.

Hi Turn11, thanks for reply. You are right, when I applied for an authorization license I tried an the a/c S/No and yes it worked. Gave me a 500m radius for 3 months. I live inside the Gatwick Airport RFZ (yes that Gatwick) from 13th March when the ANO comes into effect and now have ATC permission to support the license. I was impressed by DJI quick response and helpful agent who dealt with me.

Reactions: Turn11
I believe you're confused between these terms :
- flight controller
- remote controller

Never heard about needing the RC SN for authorization - what you need is the flight controller SN (not the aircraft SN either).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329