DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P repair: DroneNerds? Maverick? DJIDroneService? Other?

RoboticTundra

Reactions
One of our M2P's had a disagreement w/ a bush a bit ago and needs some repair (I think just a rear motor). Thoughts on DroneNerds vs Maverick Drone Systems vs djidroneservice.com ?

DJIDroneService seems the better option from people's experience on here but thought I'd check before moving forward.

Thanks,

DDS seems to be the preferred choice that I see most of the time. Lots of positive comments about them here on the forum.

Reactions: RoboticTundra
One of our M2P's had a disagreement w/ a bush a bit ago and needs some repair (I think just a rear motor). Thoughts on DroneNerds vs Maverick Drone Systems vs djidroneservice.com ?

DJIDroneService seems the better option from people's experience on here but thought I'd check before moving forward.

Thanks,
Thunderdrones

I thought about fixing it myself (and still kind of considering that). But I'm guessing that this might be one of those 10 minutes if you do it routinely but 3 hrs if you have to watch a video and get a tool or two, order parts, find out that you need something else, watch video again, etc etc.

And then there's the issue of not knowing what I don't know and the comfort of someone who really knows what they're doing checking it out and insuring that it's in good shape.

On the latter... I raced cars, motorcycles and bicycles. I got to know my machine intimately and knew when something was right or not. That took a lot of time and experience. It always kind of surprised me how often someone would be consistently struggling and thinking that they weren't doing something right and I'd get in their car or on their bike and find out that it was wonky and then once they fixed it were surprised how much better they did. I'm not at that level w/ drones and likely never will be so having someone who is insure that it's doing exactly what it should is of some benefit.

A third vote for Thunderdrones... their prices are reasonable and Rob is very knowledgeable and customer service oriented.

Thanks all. Sent it off to Thunderdrones and had it back a couple of weeks later. Besides the broken arm they checked everything over and found that one of the rear prox sensors wasn't working (likely why it crashed) and fixed that. I'd likely not have found that on my own.

Overall great experience.

Thanks all. Sent it off to Thunderdrones and had it back a couple of weeks later. Besides the broken arm they checked everything over and found that one of the rear prox sensors wasn't working (likely why it crashed) and fixed that. I'd likely not have found that on my own.

Overall great experience.
Rob is a good guy and an exert technician.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes