DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z didn't have enough battery to RTH

There are a few things to consider in this conversation. The first is, you really have to set go / no go scenarios with your bird and stick to them. The biggest factor for me is wind. I use UAV forecast and usually won't fly anything above 20 mph at 100 feet agl. The other go no go is precipitation. I don't fly in the rain. Not because the Mavic can't handle it but because it isn't enjoyable for me when it is raining. The other thing to consider is your skill level. Never outfly your ability - height - distance away from you - available light are all circumstances where ability must be considered. I remember a flight where I lost GPS when I was a beginner with the Phantom platform. I lost it at night in 15 mph winds. I realized GPS hold was lost and brought it back fairly easily because I had practiced often flying in ATTI mode. It saved me. My big take aways from my experience is that practicing for as many scenarios as possible is the best way to navigate these scenarios when they happen. There is nothing worse than reading a $ly Away thread where the operator allowed the bird to float away without any stick inputs where they still had control of the bird.

Reactions: MeGotAir
There are a few things to consider in this conversation. The first is, you really have to set go / no go scenarios with your bird and stick to them. The biggest factor for me is wind. I use UAV forecast and usually won't fly anything above 20 mph at 100 feet agl. The other go no go is precipitation. I don't fly in the rain. Not because the Mavic can't handle it but because it isn't enjoyable for me when it is raining. The other thing to consider is your skill level. Never outfly your ability - height - distance away from you - available light are all circumstances where ability must be considered. I remember a flight where I lost GPS when I was a beginner with the Phantom platform. I lost it at night in 15 mph winds. I realized GPS hold was lost and brought it back fairly easily because I had practiced often flying in ATTI mode. It saved me. My big take aways from my experience is that practicing for as many scenarios as possible is the best way to navigate these scenarios when they happen. There is nothing worse than reading a $ly Away thread where the operator allowed the bird to float away without any stick inputs where they still had control of the bird.
Some people have to learn the hard way! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143