DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3- for Pro use it flies like a pig.

I fly without OA on and it flys really well, certainly as good as my M2P. And this guy is a perfect example of what can be achieved, particularly with this camera.
Great footage. Is it true that the beta release (what is used here) was smoother. Because as the post starts , it feels like it flies like a pig.

Reactions: christangey
Great footage. Is it true that the beta release (what is used here) was smoother. Because as the post starts , it feels like it flies like a pig.
No its not true, I think great footage as well as great flying is being achieved today and its not hard to find.

Ok, I've been away and have now had a few weeks to play with this thing and I've come to the conclusion the M3 as an aircraft is some sort of joke. But if you are not a Pro who needs really fine control this post probably won't concern you.

I've often said if they just put the new camera in the M2P and it flew like a M2P I would have been perfectly happy, I'd even pay the M3 price for it! Unfortunately this thing acts like a drunken sailor. The ability to fly at cinematic speeds, i.e. really, really slowly with precision like the M2P could is totally gone. It simply cannot fly slow enough in ANY mode, let alone so-called "cine" mode, no matter how you tweak the settings. When you approach a speed that is just approaching slow enough it just stops dead! Plus all the fine control of the M2P has gone. If you hover it swings sideways back and forth like its on the end of a rope. If you try to track forward or back, the same, if you crane straight up or down, the same, all with ZERO wind. It even did some really quick, weird random moves the other day, nearly crashing into some trees, with my hands totally off the controls. So we get to pay 40% more than the previous model for an aircraft that has inferior flying ability to BOTH previous models. Not a good business plan I would suggest DJI. Where's the promised HLG by the way?
I have similar issues with this beast, I had a Mini1 for a while and assumed this would handle better. It doesn't, or at least I haven't tweaked the configuration. I expected it to handle like a Porsche, and it handles more like a Mustang.
On this note, the sticks are too responsive. Part of that I feel is a hardware issue, part firmware/settings. Thoughts?

Reactions: christangey
I have similar issues with this beast, I had a Mini1 for a while and assumed this would handle better. It doesn't, or at least I haven't tweaked the configuration. I expected it to handle like a Porsche, and it handles more like a Mustang.
On this note, the sticks are too responsive. Part of that I feel is a hardware issue, part firmware/settings. Thoughts?
I've since had a replacement where they upgraded me to the Mavic 3 Cine plus I've bought the RC-Pro controller (which I really didn't feel I should have to as it is pretty much what comes with the M2P package!) But between the new controller and dampening way down the EXP settings it has been much improved, I suspect my original M3 was faulty in fact. Here's one of my more recent films using mostly the M3 and very little slomo (which of course can help with perceived smoothness) and I think it shows a fair bit of control, I think it is still not quite at M2P level but much improved. I am still talking to DJI about this.

Hadn't heard this before or seen it in the RC-Pro manual. But while I was viewing the excellent DJI Mavic 3 Deep Dive course (free) from pilotinstitute the presenter indicated that the two holes on the rear of the controller can be used to adjust the tension on the sticks.

Screenshot 2022-07-31 064728.jpg

Don't know if others have tried this or how effective they found it.

Reactions: lkunl and GadgetGuy
yes, it's a letdown for sure. The M3 slows down when circling around boat that keeps it hard to keep up with boats only going 35MPH. The Mavic 2 Pro/zoom don't slow down as much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsvetan