DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3- for Pro use it flies like a pig.

Chris: I just had to let you know I watched the whole 3 minute plus video you posted in regard to the M2Pro capabilities. I am a new pilot and started with Mini2. Got really inspired on a trip to Iceland and by the time I got back I ordered a used M2 Pro. I am on quite a few groups and there are so many crappy videos out there that I watch a few seconds of. Yours is just spectacular cinematography. I am in the process of getting my part 107 and decided not to spend any more money on a drone until the M2pro pays for itself. There is so much buzz about the 3, but I could not justify that and now I am glad I did not rush into it. I am more of a still photographer, so I have a lot to learn about video and video editing. Thanks so much for posting your amazing work!

I love the way your clip did an illustration of the 5 elements earth, water, fire, wind, and space. Was that the intent of your video? Thanks again for your post!

FWIW I flew a friend's M3 a couple times (I own a P4Pv2) and it did seem "twitchy" when trying to make small slow movements. Could be my lack of experience on that airframe, but maybe not.

Reactions: christangey
FWIW I flew a friend's M3 a couple times (I own a P4Pv2) and it did seem "twitchy" when trying to make small slow movements. Could be my lack of experience on that airframe, but maybe not.
The first time I flew a Mavic Pro, having only flown Phantoms before, it did seem far more responsive.

I've given it 6 weeks of flights and if I don't "have a feel for the sticks" by now I should retire I think.😎
My sticks are the size of crayons.

If you turn off the APASS the drone in cine will be more smooth but you need to be careful since there are not be any sensors active. The drone needs tweek. DJI will get there. Just be patient.
Nothing against you @zeusfl but I hate that attitude toward a product that should have been right before release. If folks are to be “beta testers” then they should at least get a discount not pay full price for a product and then be expected to just be patient until they make it work right. That isn’t how it should work.

Mike

Not that I was going to buy a new drone, but I’m glad I have my M2 Pro.
I’d say the M3 Pro will get better over time, but it’s just not that much better than the M2 Pro to make the jump…

I’d say the M3 Pro will get better over time, but it’s just not that much better than the M2 Pro to make the jump…

For still photography the M3 would be worth it now, not much is hampering composing for phtoos and the new camera is worth the upgrade there for those mostly into stills.

Flight characteristics still seem to bother many, newer 'upgrades' in features that are more downgrades, hopefully they can be fixed by DJI with enough pressure from consumers.
Of course flight deficiencies do bother videographers.

Chris: I just had to let you know I watched the whole 3 minute plus video you posted in regard to the M2Pro capabilities. I am a new pilot and started with Mini2. Got really inspired on a trip to Iceland and by the time I got back I ordered a used M2 Pro. I am on quite a few groups and there are so many crappy videos out there that I watch a few seconds of. Yours is just spectacular cinematography. I am in the process of getting my part 107 and decided not to spend any more money on a drone until the M2pro pays for itself. There is so much buzz about the 3, but I could not justify that and now I am glad I did not rush into it. I am more of a still photographer, so I have a lot to learn about video and video editing. Thanks so much for posting your amazing work!

I love the way your clip did an illustration of the 5 elements earth, water, fire, wind, and space. Was that the intent of your video? Thanks again for your post!
Thanks Alan, I see you are in Arizona. I had a lot of fun virtually attending the AZDroneFest this year. I could tell you a fib and say that was my intention but no, in fact you are the first to mention it! Don't get me wrong I am still desperately trying to get the M3 to fly at a pro level as the camera is really very good. If they could fix the drift issue and fine control of the sticks and supply HLG format as they promised to do on January 22 but didn't, I'd be happy indeed!

For still photography the M3 would be worth it now, not much is hampering composing for phtoos and the new camera is worth the upgrade there for those mostly into stills.

Flight characteristics still seem to bother many, newer 'upgrades' in features that are more downgrades, hopefully they can be fixed by DJI with enough pressure from consumers.
Of course flight deficiencies do bother videographers.
Yes none of my beefs affect purely stills photographers.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
FYI this is my last film on the M2P, hopefully showing the fine control ability that machine has. I even had smoother flight control on the M1 than this new one!
..............just WOW !!!!!!!!

Yes none of my beefs affect purely stills photographers.
Hi Chris do you do many stills? I trying to compare RAW stills from the Mavic 3 and Autel Lite+ as perception from what is on Youtube is the lens on the Lite+ appears really crisp. But very hard finding f5.6 RAWS from either drone so I can see for myself. I'm the complete opposite of you I think and only do stills so different needs but if you have crisp f5.6 RAWS from the Mavic 3 you are happy to share I'd love to have a play!

Hi Chris do you do many stills? I trying to compare RAW stills from the Mavic 3 and Autel Lite+ as perception from what is on Youtube is the lens on the Lite+ appears really crisp. But very hard finding f5.6 RAWS from either drone so I can see for myself. I'm the complete opposite of you I think and only do stills so different needs but if you have crisp f5.6 RAWS from the Mavic 3 you are happy to share I'd love to have a play!
No sorry, rarely do stills but I really should! I'm sure somebody here can help

No worries. Some of those places you have been to would make excellent canvases on client's walls! Cheers :)
From a business point of view Bussty I've never gone with stills as there is so much competition out there. Plus once you know the per second rate for high-end broadcasters for video, you don't give stills much thought!

Reactions: Bussty
Hi All, well there is a lot of "conversations" regarding the M3.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02