DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Login/Out of Range Questions

JoelP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
How to log in to DJI Fly with my iPhone and keep it logged in until I get out of range for 4G/5G coverage? Can this be done with the phone alone or with the phone and controller? If this is possible please explain exactly how since it isn’t obvious to me.

I don’t recall having this problem last year, but now if I cannot login the range is severely limited. It seems to me that something changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logging in to or out of the app is not connected to range in any way that I know of.

The app automatically logs you out if it has not been connected to the internet for a certain amount of time but that time is I think now one month.

The drone can disconnect from the controller due to excessive range or interference or blocking of the signal but that does not log the user out of the app.
Likewise a dodgy connection cable connection between he controller and the phone can disconnect the phone but, again, that does not log the user out of the app.

Logging in to or out of the app is not connected to range in any way that I know of.

The app automatically logs you out if it has not been connected to the internet for a certain amount of time but that time is I think now one month.

The drone can disconnect from the controller due to excessive range or interference or blocking of the signal but that does not log the user out of the app.
Likewise a dodgy connection cable connection between he controller and the phone can disconnect the phone but, again, that does not log the user out of the app.
It is true that I haven’t flown for over a month, so perhaps that is the issue. When I went to a remote area in Idaho where was no 4G/5G it asked me to log in, which didn’t seem possible. The M3 lifted off, but the range was constrained to <100-200 ft and the elevation to ~75 ft. I didn’t note the exact range and elevation. At the point when it gave a range limit message it said that this was due to a lack of a login.

It seems from what you say that if I only had launched once in the prior month while in range that wouldn’t have happened. I don’t remember experiencing this in the past when flying over remote BLM land, but perhaps I didn’t have that >1 month gap. It makes me wonder why DJI would bake this into their code.

From what I have read the time limit relates to that app/phone connecting to the internet and has nothing to do with the interval between flights.
I am not sure if
a) the phone simply needs to connect to the internet within the allow time period or
b) the app needs to be running whilst the phone is connected to the internet.

In addition if you have multiple devices running the fly app and one of them logs out of the app and then connects to the internet then each of the other devices will also be logged out when they next connect to the internet.

Finally I suggest you read the dji post in
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If that link doesn't work the post is

".1 In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet

Note:Your login will expire in %@ days. Login again required after expiration. Flight altitude and distance limits may apply if not logged in. Connect to network and update account info in time to keep using app.

2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.

3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in, and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet."

NOTE TWO THINGS in the above
1} 90 days vs 1 month, I am not sure which is correct. I think I have seen a different version of that post on the DJI forum but can't find it.
2) section 2, what is an abnormal network ? If it is a public WiFi network such as those in shops ............

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe