DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3M and RTK

Fred Paris

Reactions
I am using the public RTK network covering Massachusetts. I am able to get connected and can see where I have more than 25 satellites in addition to 18 GPS satellites. I can see the Lat/Lon numbers from the RTK signal and the controller says I'm connected to RTK.

However, the RTK signal is very weak, to the point that the drone will not take off if I have RTK on.

Does anybody know if weak RTK signals are common with the public networks?

My business is 'Productive Drones' Our Markets include: Agriculture, Turf, and Municipalities.

one of the issues with using NTRIP systems is the consistency of the signal and accuracy due to distance from a given station. Hopefully you are able to locate another station closer to your flight location.

one of the issues with using NTRIP systems is the consistency of the signal and accuracy due to distance from a given station. Hopefully you are able to locate another station closer to your flight location.

I don't find the people supporting NTRIP very helpful. Question, is it the mounting-point that designate the station? I have a station within five miles, perhaps i'm not on the close one

I don't find the people supporting NTRIP very helpful. Question, is it the mounting-point that designate the station? I have a station within five miles, perhaps i'm not on the close one
Don't want to sound negative, but without knowing what you are using besides the M3M makes it hard to help.
1. are you using just the controller to access your local NTRIP?
2. Are you using another 3rd party GNSS system to access your Local NTRIP

If you are only using the controller to access, then your problem may be in your wifi signal from your phone or hotspot ( need good signal & most helpful if you have a unlimited data plan.

If you are using a 3rd party GNSS system, which is best as it should bring in more sat's to keep the signal strong and consistent.

Either way you need a good wifi device with a good plan (unlimited is recommended)

Your controller may say connected, but the system may still be converging (not strong enough signal)

In closing, people can only be more helpful when you provide more information, other than that people are only spitballing suggestions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Recoveryone. The controller is the RC 1 enterprise, the standard controller of the M3M. I have no third party involved, I just applied to the state and they gave me the details (mounting point and addresses) of how to connect.

So I connect and the coordinates show on the controller, with up to 28 RTK satilties but the signal is weak.

So weak that the drone wont take off if RTK is active. So I fly without RTK.

Thanks for the reply Recoveryone. The controller is the RC 1 enterprise, the standard controller of the M3M. I have no third party involved, I just applied to the state and they gave me the details (mounting point and addresses) of how to connect.

So I connect and the coordinates show on the controller, with up to 28 RTK satilties but the signal is weak.

So weak that the drone wont take off if RTK is active. So I fly without RTK.
I didn't know the M3 enterprise series came with the RC1, I believe they came with the RC Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtoro101