DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3P SDK?

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Reactions
I see the "Mavic 3 sdk PLEASE!" thread, but that was from 11/22 pre-PRO.

From all the threads I've found that DJI is not interested in supplying a SDK for anything short of the M3E, I take it that the M3P will likely not get one either, yes?

I'm not a fan of the M3P camera system, a heavier AC with 2 lenses I care nothing about (so I would be hauling them around without using them). And the base camera seems to be the same as the M3 (no improvements).

So with those two items (camera system yawner) and still no SDK, I will be skipping this model as well (still on the M2P).

Chris

I want to see the Air 3 first before I consider upgrading from M2P.

But it looks like DJI wants to pus the ASP of their products sold to a higher level.

I can understand if supply chain problems are limiting how much volume of products they can produce.

But these are products which are going to be in production and sold in the market for at least 2-3 years, so it can't be only supply chain issues.

I was responding to your point about the heavier aircraft, 2 extra cameras and lenses, etc.

This design makes for a more expensive product.

They have to choose between more expensive products and lower sales volumes vs. less expensive products which are likely to sell in higher sales volumes.

DJI has stated pretty definitively that open SDK support will be released for anything in the Enterprise line. Right now that primarily consists of the M3E, M3T, M30 variant, and M300. The SDK for these is now generally consistent across the Enterprise line with them all running DJI Pilot.

I have heard mixed answers in whether the new Inspire 3 will join this as it is a professional level drone and sensor but is not technically considered an Enterprise system.

There are a few control platforms that are able to offer some control and planning capabilities and get around the SDK issues by creating artificial stick input commands. DroneLink is the best of these in my experience though I don’t know how quickly or easily they are rolling out support for new platforms as they come out.

SDK for the Mavic 3 may come soon ?

Dear Client

Thank you for contacting DJI.

We know what you need. I also hope that you can continue to pay attention to dji's SDK

Hopefully our solution can help you.

Kindly Regards,

DJI Developer Support

LakWbgzsOBGUfCXSK9oc3YsFqu4WbmfSdN_EYVw1apU2sCoWaWTNpGHoDPeIEBzVomweHISHXvs3BprkItMAjdri6nQfK-KeSH3SZBHRXcMpz8c320I=s0-d-e1-ft
G Carmichael
2023/5/4 GMT+8 19:38
The solution would be the SDK for the Mavic 3 Classic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki