DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

m80's anti bird strike Mavic Mini skin

m80116

Reactions
I've made a skin to discourage bird attacks and I called it CAMO birdstrike.

The template I used is a PDF I've found on DJI MM forum, exported to PS @200 dpi, it is meant to be printed w/o scaling on A4 paper. The base is a camouflage pattern to which I applied a gradient filter in PS, I am not sure if this will be enough to prevent at least some bird pecking but worth trying.

Unfortunately after printing and test fitting the first sticker my Canon MG5750 completely clogged while loading the second sheet and started to do some horrible griding noises.

I manage to free my printer (unscathed) and decided not to test out more, my adhesive sheets were meant for label not graphics, are quite creased and the MG5750 loading mechanism is not very good, should I try again I need to remove the stock A4 plain paper from the loading tray and increase the print head to media distance in the driver.

Unfortuntaly I crumpled up my first test sticker before I could print the new so I haven't taken a picture of my Mini with it on, but it was fitting pretty good despite the sub-optimal media. I hope you can make better use of it without attempting to destroy the printer like me.

Attachments

• DJI Mavic Mini - m80's camo birdstrike.jpg
    DJI Mavic Mini - m80's camo birdstrike.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 230
Looks interesting. Is there any theory behind why this colour pattern would help prevent bird strikes?

Reactions: Thomas B
The holographic silver is supposed to ward off birds, works in strips when hung around crops etc, so might be something in it.
A thread here with some pics . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One