DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA 2 software update

Rchawks

Reactions
I'm a little concerned about my last software update. It took forever and then would not shut off at the drone side. The display showed a message that stated the update was complete. When I tried to shut it off it scolded me lol. I did take it out for a spin with no issues.

There is a Sacred Rune Law that dates back to the Hedge Stones back when Crows ruled the land ,
" Never cancel and Update "

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Never Cancel and update.

Reactions: Rchawks
I'm a little concerned about my last software update. It took forever and then would not shut off at the drone side. The display showed a message that stated the update was complete. When I tried to shut it off it scolded me lol. I did take it out for a spin with no issues.
Same issue, but only on my android which I gave up on the update after 30 minutes of showing at 46%. Haven’t tried updating again but, needed or not, I always perform updates.

I know that stopping short on the update is a bad idea. The app said it was finished but the drone side kept blinking. I’ll try again with full battery.
I usually look at what the update does , but I didn’t this time.

Thanks for the report as my first MA2 (1) failed after firmware update last year and was replaced now my MA2 (2) is reporting that theres a firmware update and I am not download/install at this time as I have not found any problems with my drone. Just on the fence reading about others who have updated and trying to find out what does the firmware update? Do I need it??

When updates come out they often seem to me to be for the latest drones in the DJI fleet. Personally when we have now "old Tech" my thinking is if it aint broke dont fix it but of course some issue may have be found where the update to the firmware could be very inportant.

I just wish there was a relevency chart attached to the new firmware software updates that indicated what drones the updates were important for. just my thinking of course.. Should you have any noticed changes with the new firmwares then I am sure we would all like to know.
All the best and happy safe flying

Reactions: Rchawks
Release notes are just a guide and MAY NOT include all the information needed to make a decision on whether to install or not. Relevance is somewhat determined by the input from those that are willing to click that button and find the bugs that may be hidden between the cracks.
Words to live by

Reactions: CLAYB.7 and Rchawks
Release notes are just a guide and MAY NOT include all the information needed to make a decision on whether to install or not. Relevance is somewhat determined by the input from those that are willing to click that button and find the bugs that may be hidden between the cracks.

Words to live by
Hey Brother I just got a notification that there's a new MAVIC AIR 2 FIRMWARE UPDATE and it is not the same exact one that your original post started out on back in June are you aware of this new one and if so what is in it if anything? Thank You Brother and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Link? Not sure I know what you are referring to.
I'm sorry Brother I was talking about the FIRMWARE UPDATE that we got back in early last month (June 2022) for our MAVIC AIR 2 cuz when I was going to get mine fired up early this morning to change my settings around it popped up saying that it's got a new FIRMWARE UPDATE and I was like really another one already cool deal but from what I was reading about it it's only new thing was JAPANESE RID REQUIREMENTS and that's all I have found out on it so far I was hoping for a new little feature maybe or something like that but who knows what they will end up doing with it I thought this would be a nice little touch with it and that would be DJI making the MAVIC AIR 2 compatible with the new DJI-RC CONTROLLER that they just announced a few days ago that they are now selling it separate from the MINI 3 PRO now for $309.00 it's on the DJI website, they probably will not but they could surprise us cuz it says on the website that it's now compatible with the MAVIC 3 both of them with more DJI DRONES to come in the near future. Thank You Brother and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

I'm sorry Brother I was talking about the FIRMWARE UPDATE that we got back in early last month (June 2022) for our MAVIC AIR 2 cuz when I was going to get mine fired up early this morning to change my settings around it popped up saying that it's got a new FIRMWARE UPDATE and I was like really another one already cool deal but from what I was reading about it it's only new thing was JAPANESE RID REQUIREMENTS and that's all I have found out on it so far I was hoping for a new little feature maybe or something like that but who knows what they will end up doing with it I thought this would be a nice little touch with it and that would be DJI making the MAVIC AIR 2 compatible with the new DJI-RC CONTROLLER that they just announced a few days ago that they are now selling it separate from the MINI 3 PRO now for $309.00 it's on the DJI website, they probably will not but they could surprise us cuz it says on the website that it's now compatible with the MAVIC 3 both of them with more DJI DRONES to come in the near future. Thank You Brother and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
Dude, take a breath! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121