DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA experiences a disconnect at close proximity (14m away, 2m high) - is it possible to know why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

I have had false disconnects before but this was a real disconnect - the connection indicator led on the remote went red. I have flown on the same location countless times and have never had an issue even at distances of over 1km. What the heck happened? Logs attached.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-10-27_[17-54-21].txt
    349.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 19-10-27-05-54-17_FLY078.DAT
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Yea, the log shows "strong aircraft interference" at only 4.2 feet. Were you near anything that might put out a LOT of radio frequency interference (RFI)? The map shows you were in a remote area near a beach (wouldn't think there would be interference out there). Next time, you can immediately check the controller "channel mode" to see if there was interference on the channel the drone selected. Was channel mode on auto or custom?

Channel selection was on auto, as it always is. There is nothing in that area that I can think of as having caused the interference. No wifi networks, no cellular towers, no metal structures, no trees ... I can go on. BTW, I restarted the remote controller and was able to reconnect with the AC as it hovered just above where it took off. I was greeted with the message "Landing area not suitable". I hand landed and took off again with no further issues.

Reactions: Thomas B
Channel selection was on auto, as it always is. There is nothing in that area that I can think of as having caused the interference. No wifi networks, no cellular towers, no metal structures, no trees ... I can go on. BTW, I restarted the remote controller and was able to reconnect with the AC as it hovered just above where it took off. I was greeted with the message "Landing area not suitable". I hand landed and took off again with no further issues.
Hopefully just a glitch and fixed now.

I just had this exact same scenario yesterday with my MA. My only option was exactly as you did. I shutdown the remote, restarted, and gave it a lil bit and Boom! Reconnected! I will upload my data files later tonight. Glad it reconnected, but definitely nerve racking. I did notice a few minutes before, hence why i was bringing it back, that it had some laggy image transmission, but nothing so terrible it was unflyable. This was a complete controller disconnection.

I had the same issue. Previous flight about 15 mins earlier at the same location had no issues. Wifi was on auto. Could’ve been strong interference I don’t know. Will check wifi channel from now on before each flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair