DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA recording in 3.5GB blocks

dronoscar

Reactions
I just upgraded from my beloved SPARK to the Mavic Air and noticed that my videos are being recorded in 3.5GB "blocks". So, every battery I fly and continously record, I get three files: two 3.5GB files and a third that is a bit smaller as I land with 30% or so battery left. From a glance, it does not seem like I am loosing footage, but it's a pain not having one single file for a continuos recording. Am I missing something in the settings? Can't find anything to change. Otherwise, kickass drone!!!! Very happy!! Thanks in advance.

I just upgraded from my beloved SPARK to the Mavic Air and noticed that my videos are being recorded in 3.5GB "blocks". So, every battery I fly and continously record, I get three files: two 3.5GB files and a third that is a bit smaller as I land with 30% or so battery left. From a glance, it does not seem like I am loosing footage, but it's a pain not having one single file for a continuos recording. Am I missing something in the settings? Can't find anything to change. Otherwise, kickass drone!!!! Very happy!! Thanks in advance.
It's a limitation of the file system.
You'd get it with any device.

It's a limitation of the file system.
You'd get it with any device.

Thank you Meta4 for your response. I have been recording in 4k/24, which is heavy. You think that if I bring the resolution down to 1080p/24 I can record continuously in one file?

Thank you Meta4 for your response. I have been recording in 4k/24, which is heavy. You think that if I bring the resolution down to 1080p/24 I can record continuously in one file?
That should do it easily

As long as the resulting file will be 3-4 GB. I record my M2Z in 1080p 60fps, and I get 3 GB files.
There's no need to shoot 60 fps unless you are wanting slow motion.
Bigger isn't always better.

Rather than lowering resolution (and sacrificing quality), just use freeware tools like mp4joiner to merge the files into one once you've copied them onto a PC with a file system that can handle large files (like NTFS, ReFS, APFS)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy