DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 charging port issues

wilmutiny3

Reactions
I’ve noticed when my batteries are plugged into the charger if I breathe on them wrong they pop off and same goes for the plug that connects to the triple battery charger. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this? It’s a total pain to leave them to charge and then find out they didn’t charge.
I have the charger that came with the fly more package.

Well, first you’re gonna have to cut out the whole “breathing” thing since that appears to be the source of the problem…or you could try Velcro… Also check your battery connections very carefully and look for any tiny deformations where they connect to the charger.

Well, first you’re gonna have to cut out the whole “breathing” thing since that appears to be the source of the problem…or you could try Velcro… Also check your battery connections very carefully and look for any tiny deformations where they connect to the charger.
the hub and batteries seem to be fine. All the connectors are good, no damage or issues or play. The charger doesn’t doesn’t hold them in very snug.

Sad that this happens to the latest Dji drone accessories, like anything else they build nowadays it’s always the same I do not own mav air-2, this is one of the reasons why I didn’t do it I’m sticking with my first Mavic original Mavic two pro, these Mavic air drones just seem like a mass quantity they’re trying to make money off of people, don’t get me wrong they do great pictures and video I just am not impressed with the quality of the equipment

Sad that this happens to the latest Dji drone accessories, like anything else they build nowadays it’s always the same I do not own mav air-2, this is one of the reasons why I didn’t do it I’m sticking with my first Mavic original Mavic two pro, these Mavic air drones just seem like a mass quantity they’re trying to make money off of people, don’t get me wrong they do great pictures and video I just am not impressed with the quality of the equipment
I have to say that after 15 months of charging and flying, my Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo is performing just as well now as it did the first time I put the drone and its 3 batteries to work. Supplied to NZ, so not sure if DJI like us more than other markets ? but no complaints here. Plus my two instances of seeking an unlocking licence have both been successfully responded to within 24 hours, the second instance within about 2 hours. No complaints here, with the build, performance or communications which, frankly, has pleasantly surprised me. ????

I agree my Air 2 charger is also not exactly something you can carry batteries around with. That said, whenever I have left it with batteries plugged in the batteries are still connected whenever I've checked back. My cats bouncing around the wires and bits don't appear to be knocking anything loose. But I have knocked batteries loose trying to move the assembled contraption - so being eager to learn I now use a solid flat surface big enough for the rail and three batteries, press the batteries down as far as they want to go, and I don't bump them until they are charged.

The flip side is they self discharge in a few days and I get to do it all over again if I remember to do it the night before I want to fly.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping there was a better alternative but I guess I’ll just have to be more careful around them. Has anyone had any experience with a mobile charging station for MA2 batteries?

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping there was a better alternative but I guess I’ll just have to be more careful around them. Has anyone had any experience with a mobile charging station for MA2 batteries?

This charger is popular.

Charges four batteries from the wall or the car at once plus the accessories.

It also has a storage mode to keep the batteries at a safe level when not using it for a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08J7M1MPL?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&tag=mavicpilots-20

Reactions: Dawnvt
I have the Hanatora charger also and am very happy with it and its ability to charge my remote or store my batteries (3) safely. It also works in my car as I drive between locations.

Thanks I was looking at that one. Do you have any experience using it?

Thanks I was looking at that one. Do you have any experience using it?

Yes.

It has a fan to keep it cool while plugged in.

I purchased this so that I can charge more than one battery at a time and it comes with a 12v plug for use in the car.

DJI sells a 12v charger separately.

I haven't tried the storage mode yet as I fly year round.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143