DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 ND filters

MavicMike55

Reactions
Man, I used one of the ND filters that came in the FMC and it was super tight. I could not get it to completely rotate to the on position. Then when it came time to remove it was a @#$%&%$ b*&%ch to get it off. These things are a POS. I don't think I'll be using these anymore. Hopefully the variable ND's I have coming from Moment will be more user friendly.

I wonder if you’re doing smth wrong. I have no issues installing the standard NDs, they fit perfectly
I don't see how it's possible to do something wrong. You twist CCW to remove, CW to install right?

Mine just doesn't want to completely turn CW when I install them. Then it's on super tight and very hard to remove. Had no problem with the stock frame removing and replacing.

I don't see how it's possible to do something wrong. You twist CCW to remove, CW to install right?

Mine just doesn't want to completely turn CW when I install them. Then it's on super tight and very hard to remove. Had no problem with the stock frame removing and replacing.
There's likely dried glue on your filter.

Used WD40 to remove it

Weird...do all of the filters behave in the same way?

Wrt the WD-40, the coating on these DJI filters is not the best, I don’t think that’s a good idea...

Wd40 equals glue be gone

Weird...do all of the filters behave in the same way?

Wrt the WD-40, the coating on these DJI filters is not the best, I don’t think that’s a good idea...
I haven't even tried the other filters , just the ND 16. I don't anticipate ever using the other ones. But, I'll try them just to see if they are the same.

OK I tried the others and the ND64 went on real easy, the ND256 was a little more snug, but also easier than the ND16. Then tried the ND16 again and it's still the toughest of the three. But it seemed to be a little easier than the first time. I guess it's just poor QC by DJI. Anyway, the whole thing is moot since I have my new ones coming from Moment tomorrow. I won't be using these DJI filters anymore.
Thanks to all of you for your help.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
OK I tried the others and the ND64 went on real easy, the ND256 was a little more snug, but also easier than the ND16. Then tried the ND16 again and it's still the toughest of the three. But it seemed to be a little easier than the first time. I guess it's just poor QC by DJI. Anyway, the whole thing is moot since I have my new ones coming from Moment tomorrow. I won't be using these DJI filters anymore.
Thanks to all of you for your help.
Duuuude.

Double U
Dee
Forty

Qtip to the back of the filter, just at contact points.

Yeah, or just wait for your other filters lol

....why not just try it if your other one is coming tomorrow though....

Duuuude.

Double U
Dee
Forty

Qtip to the back of the filter, just at contact points.

Yeah, or just wait for your other filters lol

....why not just try it if your other one is coming tomorrow though....
Meh, why bother. I won't be flying again for a few days. LOL. Don't have any WD40 anyway. But thanks for your suggestion. ?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I don’t like the quality of the DJI MA2 provided filters. Not good enough for my commercial shoots so I purchased a set of Freewells. Better optics and fit. I have Polar Pros for my larger drones and they seem pretty good as well. But for recreational flying the DJI filters are OK.

Personally no problem with the Combo Kit nd filters, on and off easily.
Ordered some from PGYTECH, not stopped bloody raining here since they arrived ?
Pop on and off easily. Good quality and at 8, 16.32 & 64 will get more use than the free ones.

Graham.

I also had a helluva time getting the stock frame off, but the DJI ND filters were easier. Do other users leave the frame off to save the trouble, or does that have other consequences (e.g. more dust in the lens)?

I got the MA2 fly more combo and the filters were hard to twist on. I think they may have a slight bend due to QC or from storage.

It was easier fir me to hold down on three corners of the dji filter with three fingers and then twist. That way the filter is more “flush” against the camera body

I got the MA2 fly more combo and the filters were hard to twist on. I think they may have a slight bend due to QC or from storage.

It was easier fir me to hold down on three corners of the dji filter with three fingers and then twist. That way the filter is more “flush” against the camera body

And as a professional photographer, I wouldn’t want any kind of grease/degreaser near my filters and lenses, it can affect the multi coating. But I am drine noob so maybe that photography caution doesn’t apply here...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine