DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 now has zoom function!

If you hold the fn button down while using the gimbal wheel, the zoom function is very smooth.
Correct, you know how many people did not know that..Good thing FLYTPATH made a YouTube video of just that function.

Reactions: Ron (MM)
Correct, you know how many people did not know that..Good thing FLYTPATH made a YouTube video of just that function.
12:30 on this vid shows the fn+gimbal wheel. :)
But I also did some full on comparison shots testing out the non-zoom versus the new zoom function, which is absolutely way better than simple cropping. I am guessing those people who are dismissing the new zoom as 'awful' haven't even done any close up analysis of the results and are just assuming it's like the digital zoom on their cheap mobile phone...... :)
Carry on from 12:30 to see some close up test shots comparing the two outputs..... And don't forget many people shoot in 1080 where you will hactually get lossless zoom given the pixel redundancy you have from the 4K sensor....

I have 3 DJI Aircraft. My opinion on this MA2 UPDATE. It is one of, if not the best updates I received. Keeping the value and status ranking of one of, if not the best consumer Unmanned Aircraft of present.
Of course there will be some flaws, the evolution of sUAS is relatively in its beginning stages of advanced technology worldwide.
. At this time in sUAS history, owners and pilots of all experiences and official certifications standing. Are contributing to the governing and applications of yet another easily accessible human invention that does as much good as bad to the world since the inventions of the Pistol or even the automobile. Any abusive unlawful use of sUAS surely brings a negative public view on these flying unmanned aircraft flying overhead and not knowing its intentions.
. I try to be a positive example as a PIC and I spread the good word of Drones to all are interested. I am fortunate to be part of sUAS History.
This is my opinion and I am not inviting a discussion on my opinion. I respect the sUAS Community and FAA.
That is all.... Carry on.

Reactions: Ian in London
GREAT Video. Thanks. If this applies to Android... The Zoom function will be GREAT. ASpart from that, the 45 Waypoint feature will remove, IMHO, the need for Litchi. I am anxiously waiting until MA2 will accept DroneDeploy and Pix4D. Now I can only use my original Air for mapping.
I took my MA2 to Starbucks to do the Firmware update (tried at home, but Intenet terribly slow), and now have all the new functions. I had already updated DJI Fly oin my Galaxy S10+.
I wrote to DroneDeploy. Here was their reply:
"Unfortunately, at this time we have not yet released support for the DJI Mavic Air 2. This is still an extremely new drone and we are in the process of performing testing and validating the drone's suitability with our software. While we do not currently offer support for the drone, we will make sure to publish our compatibility once we can make sure it works with the best user experience on our Recommended and Supported Drones support site. Keep an eye on that support document for the latest drones that we support, and feel free to reach back out to us with any other questions that you may have!

We only support iOS systems as of right now. This is mainly because the amount of iOS users heavily out weight the number of Android users (for now). As DroneDeploy becomes more global we could potentially implement more features for Android users. Until then, for the best experience, we do recommend iOS.

You are always welcome and encouraged to post of our Features & Ideas channel within our DroneDeploy Forum. This will give exposure to other users and allow them to vote on the idea. Our product team looks at the features and ideas with the most votes when they in product planning."

I deleted the app and reinstalled it now I have the update running thanks

Any idea why the reinstall was necessary? I had to do the same in order to get the zoom feature and advanced gimbal control to show up. And I still can't find the option to prevent sideways flight...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam