DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 processor chip over heating

LondonChris

Reactions
Hi all,

wondered if anybody else has had any experience with this. Yesterday I got home after taking the MA2 on a fairly short flight (only used about 50% of 1 battery). I decided to download the video from the internal storage onto my phone, after doing so I noticed the app was saying something a long the lines of “processor chip overheated” now I just figured oops my bad, leaving it on the sofa while turned on was a stupid thing to do as it’ll probably stop the air circulating. Lesson Learned, won’t do that again.

Fast forward to today, I went out for a longer flight today and after flying 2 batteries back to back, after switching to the 3rd I got the same message again. Turned the drone off for 2-3 minutes and turned it back on again and the message is gone - took off and completed another normal flight. It’s not particularly warm here (around 24 celcius - 75 degrees F)

Thankfully I’ve only had this error on the ground, but I’m worried what would happen if I were in flight several hundred meters away, it’s made me lose a bit of confidence in the drone.

Has anybody else had any experience with this? (The drone is only 3 days old!)

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi all,

wondered if anybody else has had any experience with this. Yesterday I got home after taking the MA2 on a fairly short flight (only used about 50% of 1 battery). I decided to download the video from the internal storage onto my phone, after doing so I noticed the app was saying something a long the lines of “processor chip overheated” now I just figured oops my bad, leaving it on the sofa while turned on was a stupid thing to do as it’ll probably stop the air circulating. Lesson Learned, won’t do that again.

Fast forward to today, I went out for a longer flight today and after flying 2 batteries back to back, after switching to the 3rd I got the same message again. Turned the drone off for 2-3 minutes and turned it back on again and the message is gone - took off and completed another normal flight. It’s not particularly warm here (around 24 celcius - 75 degrees F)

Thankfully I’ve only had this error on the ground, but I’m worried what would happen if I were in flight several hundred meters away, it’s made me lose a bit of confidence in the drone.

Has anybody else had any experience with this? (The drone is only 3 days old!)
you will find its to do with the camera ,not the actual drone ,the drone and camera need a movement of cool air over them to keep their temps at an acceptable level, if you must have the drone on when not flying ,then its best to have a electric fan blowing over the drone, i do the same thing with the batteries when i am charging them ,because of the amount of processing power the camera uses it produces heat, if you look at the camera body you will notice it has a large heat sync to help keep it cool

Update -

Pretty sure I have a faulty drone. Turned it on today and all started normal (I could hear the fan). Opened the app and was about to take off when I realised I’d accidentally put the battery in I hadn’t recharged (was at about 30%) swapped for a fresh battery and switched back on...no fan noise and chip over heating message again. Turned it off & on again a few times over the next hour or so and sometimes the fan audibly started and it was fine, but more often than not it didn’t and the message was there again.

Amazon are replacing

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21