DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air 5th gen (M1 chip), cannot connect anymore. iPhone 13 Pro connects instantly.

Hertzdonut

Reactions
I keep my iPad OS updated, as well as the firmware on my MA2. Never had an issue. However, I guess I finally ran into a glitch…

No matter how many different cables I try, or startup sequence or Bluetooth turned off (or on!), my iPad Air just won’t connect anymore. I can remove the iPad cable, connect my iPhone cable and the connection to my iPhone is almost instant.

Anybody else running the same iPad successfully, using the latest iPad os (16.5.1)? And aircraft firmware (01.01.1300) and RC firmware (04.11.0200)?

Thanks,

Jeff

Of course, once I posted, a new thought occurred: Delete the DJI Fly app and all data.

So I did that, downloaded the app (again) fired everything up, and my iPad connected. Went through my settings to make sure, now I’m good to go. Again. 😉

Well, I’ll leave this thread up, might help someone.

Reactions: Capt KO and MA2 317
Hey Jeff. Thanks for raising this. I too fly the MA2 and invested in a iPad Air 5th Gen but had not tried to connect. Having tried I, like you, failed to get connected. I also found that although the USB-C connector worked fine in the iPad the Lightening connector back into the RC was so loose I had to keep my finger on it to hold it in-still to no avail. Luckily I can continue with my iPhone 11 Max but it is annoying that the Lightening connection on the RC is so poor.

Hey Jeff. Thanks for raising this. I too fly the MA2 and invested in a iPad Air 5th Gen but had not tried to connect. Having tried I, like you, failed to get connected. I also found that although the USB-C connector worked fine in the iPad the Lightening connector back into the RC was so loose I had to keep my finger on it to hold it in-still to no avail. Luckily I can continue with my iPhone 11 Max but it is annoying that the Lightening connection on the RC is so poor.
Interesting! Your RC has a Lightning connector, and not USB C? Mine is USB C, fortunately, it holds firmly.

Interesting! Your RC has a Lightning connector, and not USB C? Mine is USB C, fortunately, it holds firmly.
Oops. I forgot I had two other connectors one of which is C to C (USB) in the box. This one worked a treat so all hooked up with dji Fly if I need to use my iPad.

Reactions: Hertzdonut
Hmmm, I purchased the ipad Air GEN5 (M1 CHIP) and I am running into "RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE DEVICE".

Works great with the iphone13, and my older ipad GEN5. (A9 chip with 64-bit architecture.)

Hmmm, what to do??

Thanks for any insight.

Hmmm, I purchased the ipad Air GEN5 (M1 CHIP) and I am running into "RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE DEVICE".

Works great with the iphone13, and my older ipad GEN5. (A9 chip with 64-bit architecture.)

Hmmm, what to do??

Thanks for any insight.
Did you try what I did above? (Delete the app and its data from your iPad, then reinstall the app. Worked for me!)

I did and it didnt help. Sooo, i took it the M1 back and got the ipad 10th Gen with the A14 chip.

Problem solved...... So far

G

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1