DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 (RC Disconnected) No RTH, Drone gone

I can only surmise a bit of disorientation and panic perhaps. Thinking that the controller had lost connection to the drone, just moving the sticks and not realizing he was flying it right into the water. Most likely his mobile device lost connection to the controller and thus he was thinking that he had no control over the drone.
Lost connection to RC, I had happen on my tablet quite often, I don't know why, at first OH S+-&-(t
This happened in my yard GL to 100' many 1/150' away but I moved the sticks and still had full control, RTH initiated and it landed spot on. Until the last two times I unplugged and replugged the cable in, last two I tapped the power button and all is ok, Until....
I can only surmise a bit of disorientation and panic perhaps. Thinking that the controller had lost connection to the drone, just moving the sticks and not realizing he was flying it right into the water. Most likely his mobile device lost connection to the controller and thus he was thinking that he had no control over the drone.
LOST CONNECTION TO RC top left corner, Oh S8-_4t, I was in my yard many 80' up and 100' out and this happened 3x, and each time I had control first time RTH spot on landed the others I landed my self.
I unplugged and replugged my tablet to the controller all ok, the last few times I just tapped the rc power button all ok, UNTILL the patchal window opens up blocking most of the screen, LOW CHARGER INPUT.... Flashing on and off....at 30%battery now my view is blocked and my controller is moving flytime to tablet.
I know folks say the Android needs power to transmit, that take is debatable because it only happens on a Samsung 10' tablet, not the 7" Samsung or 10" Amazon, no my Samsung or Motorola phone. And I can't find the option to turn off the MA2 options.
RC disconnect check the signal, if full keep flying.

We have yet to see the OP's answer to the question as to what the phone display showed when he got the disconnect.

Am I correct in thinking that if you lose the camera video feed to the phone, you will still have the RC feed to the AC? I have a DJI Smart Controller....would it still have the map inlay of where I am flying? What about the RC and phone combination.....would it still display the map inlay?

I have never lost my SC video feed from the AC, so that is why I am asking the questions. TIA.

No, definitely this is Air 2 log. Where did you see Mini in logs?

This is the log you attached... Is this the one you intended?
22c003e0eab9174591e6951be8dd6b86.jpg

I was at about 93ft, when I lost connection to RC. I was no where close to the ground (water). I let go of the sticks at first waiting for the drone to RTH, but that never happened, so I tried moving it around, and trying to get LOS. Just kept beeping. Been flying for 5 years, and there was nothing in the way as I was over water. I was literally watching the video and definitely wasn't even close to the water and then that is where the signal to RC was gone. At this point the single Compass is definitely a concern as it is my only thought as this point.
Yesterday I was flying my M2P and on point loose connection with the aircraft. It start the RTH and as soon as got control again, I cancel the RTH. Well, looks like I really didn't and continue flyng noticing that the Drine was losing altitude. The drone was still in the RTH operation and just following me steering. If i didn't notice that I would lost my drone. I cancel the RTH fast and push the throttle to gain altitude fast... Was scary to loose a $1,700 aircraft. This are my 2 cents.

Flying no problem, and not even that far away and suddenly I get RC Disconnect to Drone. Just beeps, no Return to Home. Gone forever.

Flight Log Attached.
Check your RC.. and see the setting on Position, MC Setting and go down click Advanced Setting. Check RC Signal Lost .. do you put the setting on Return-to-Home ?? there is 3 option,
1.Return-to-Home
2.Landing
3.Hover
If you set on Return to home, it will come to you when your aircraft lost with RC.. otherwise just for get it :)

I have practiced many things with my drone, to see how it will react if there is actually ever something going wrong. I sometimes use RTH just to try it, I have forced it to lose signal on purpose, and it came home perfectly fine. Using sport mode I have held full down left stick from 200' agl, to see how it reacted. Well it slowed its descent when near the ground, and gently touched down. Flown it dozens of kilometers with it telling me about strong wind warnings. Flown it till the battery read 0%, it flew another few seconds, still running fine, then gently landed from its 6' hover.
What I am saying is, even putting it through rough tests most of you likely wouldn't, I have yet to get it to show me a single glitch.

Was wondering if anyone can have a look at this flight log to determine what happened once I hit the RTH,

So I was 5000m out over my mates farm when I activated the RTH... Coming home with full stick forward, obstacle avoidance sensors off I was hitting between 46km/h to 48km/h. The wind was minimal and at about 3900m the Mavic pro just came to a stand still like it was hovering. it then started moving again untill about 3800m and it happened again, just comes to a complete stop. I then disabled the RTH and just flew it back manually and Landed on 20%.

Trying to figure out if there was a freak gust of wind or something but it's the first time this has ever happened to me

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-12_[16-50-03].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-12_[16-50-03].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Was wondering if anyone can have a look at this flight log to determine what happened once I hit the RTH,

So I was 5000m out over my mates farm when I activated the RTH... Coming home with full stick forward, obstacle avoidance sensors off I was hitting between 46km/h to 48km/h. The wind was minimal and at about 3900m the Mavic pro just came to a stand still like it was hovering. it then started moving again untill about 3800m and it happened again, just comes to a complete stop. I then disabled the RTH and just flew it back manually and Landed on 20%.

Trying to figure out if there was a freak gust of wind or something but it's the first time this has ever happened to me
Instead of appending your (new) issue to this existing thread (referred to as hijacking), it would be preferred if you started your own thread.

So I was 5000m out over my mates farm when I activated the RTH... Coming home with full stick forward, obstacle avoidance sensors off I was hitting between 46km/h to 48km/h. The wind was minimal and at about 3900m the Mavic pro just came to a stand still like it was hovering. it then started moving again untill about 3800m and it happened again, just comes to a complete stop.

Wind doesn't work like that.
Here's what your data really looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
At 9:10.6 and 9:36.6 there are warning messages to advise that the drone was Braking to avoid obstacle and Backing up to avoid an obstacle.
The drone was flying northwest and the obstacle will have been a low, bright sun.
Although you had obstacle avoidance off, you left RTH obstacle avoidance on.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Wind doesn't work like that.
Here's what your data really looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
At 9:10.6 and 9:36.6 there are warning messages to advise that the drone was Braking to avoid obstacle and Backing up to avoid an obstacle.
The drone was flying northwest and the obstacle will have been a low, bright sun.
Although you had obstacle avoidance off, you left RTH obstacle avoidance on.
You are amazing? , thank you very much for checking it out for me. I wouldn't of figured that one out. Yeah it was about 17:00 and the setting sun was glearing hard on the way home had to have the gimbal pointing down. Thanks again ?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt