DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 startup anomaly

dobro2

Reactions
If the remote controller mode switch is in the Tripod mode, when the controller and drone is powered up, everything looks correct. The C mode is indicated and when looking at the Safety screen, Obstacle Avoidance has both options lit, Bypass and Brake. If you select the Bypass feature and take off for a flight, it seems that the flight mode is really in the Normal mode and sideways movement isn’t allowed. If you try and adjust the gimbal, in the Cine section of the Advanced gimbal settings, it has no effect. If you switch the mode selector switch from Tripod to Normal or Sport mode and back to Tripod, it really changes to C mode and you can adjust the gimbal in the C mode . Now when you look at Obstacle Avoidance screen, Bypass is no longer an option ? .. only Brake! The Speed, response, and performance are as they should be in the Tripod mode. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the setup
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
I have the latest Fly App update ver 1.4.3 and all the latest updates for the drone

If the remote controller mode switch is in the Tripod mode, when the controller and drone is powered up, everything looks correct. The C mode is indicated and when looking at the Safety screen, Obstacle Avoidance has both options lit, Bypass and Brake. If you select the Bypass feature and take off for a flight, it seems that the flight mode is really in the Normal mode and sideways movement isn’t allowed. If you try and adjust the gimbal, in the Cine section of the Advanced gimbal settings, it has no effect. If you switch the mode selector switch from Tripod to Normal or Sport mode and back to Tripod, it really changes to C mode and you can adjust the gimbal in the C mode . Now when you look at Obstacle Avoidance screen, Bypass is no longer an option ? .. only Brake! The Speed, response, and performance are as they should be in the Tripod mode. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the setup
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
I have the latest Fly App update ver 1.4.3 and all the latest updates for the drone
I thought you can only set or turn on tripod mode after your drone takes off. I also thought, when in tripod mode, the drone doesn't move at all. It basically behaves as if it's stuck to a tripod. I don't really understand the question or problem in your post. Maybe others don't either, that's why no one has responded. I can't give an answer because I just can't figure out what your asking.

I thought you can only set or turn on tripod mode after your drone takes off. I also thought, when in tripod mode, the drone doesn't move at all. It basically behaves as if it's stuck to a tripod. I don't really understand the question or problem in your post. Maybe others don't either, that's why no one has responded. I can't give an answer because I just can't figure out what your asking.
On my M2P and SC I have to take off in P mode and then switch to tripod mode....the T mode moves in every direction but much more slowly.

If you take off in T mode, it is still in P mode and you have to switch to P mode and then back to T mode. At least that is how my SC and M2P work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998