DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 V1.1.6 update: advanced gimbal settings explained (& some nice shots of Malta)

Ian in London

Reactions
For those who have updated (and it seems many people can't yet, but it should be coming soon), I put up a quick video on what the Pitch & Yaw settings actually mean and how they affect the smoothness of your video, and what values work best for me.
These new settings really do make a huge difference to flying and getting silky-smooth camera movements. Really happy with this update.... (and a few nice clips filmed around Malta :)
Cheers
Ian

You have to uninstall Fly App 1.1.5 and then go to apple store and download 1.1.6. It shows it’s been up for 2 days.

Reactions: Juggler
With all the data associated with the current DJI Fly App, it doesn't make sense to have to delete/uninstall the current Fly App just to do an update. In the past all of the updates have been done simply by checking the "latest version", while in the Fly App. What am I missing? Thanks!

Attachments

• 117396348_899352387257338_3235966064860401188_n.jpg
    117396348_899352387257338_3235966064860401188_n.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 19
With all the data associated with the current DJI Fly App, it doesn't make sense to have to delete/uninstall the current Fly App just to do an update. In the past all of the updates have been done simply by checking the "latest version", while in the Fly App. What am I missing? Thanks!
You’re not missing anything. You just need to delete or uninstall the current 1.1.5 Fly app, go to the Apple store and when you do the search for DJI Fly app, you’ll see that it is the new 1.1.6 app. If you’re looking for 1.1.6 while 1.1.5 is installed.....you won’t see it. Uninstall!

thank you Ian!! Gordon

Reactions: Ian in London
You have to uninstall Fly App 1.1.5 and then go to apple store and download 1.1.6. It shows it’s been up for 2 days.
I’ve no idea why you would need to delete the app? I just did an App Store update and 1.1.6 was offered as a new update

I’ve no idea why you would need to delete the app? I just did an App Store update and 1.1.6 was offered as a new update
I have no idea either but not everyone has been able to get the new update and uninstalling the old one does the trick.

If you uninstall, you don't actually lose all the data; I didn't anyway. But going by the comments on my channel, it seems the update is being rolled out slowly around the world; I have people in the UK that have 'checked for updates' in the app store and found it, whilst others are not. This is without uninstalling. But others have found uninstalling does indeed bring v1.1.6 up.

Cheers
Ian

Reactions: old man mavic
when i saw that there was a new APP update available on the forum i went into my ipad that i use for flying ,but there was no red spot by the app store icon that shows there are updates available
what i did was go into app store, purchased scroll down to the fly app and it said update ,and i was then able to update to 1.1.6 i did not have to delete the previous version, sometimes it takes several days for the app store icon to show that there are updates ready to download

Very good explanation Ian, simple, visuals and very easy to understand. Enjoy your holiday and fly safe. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ian in London
Just do a search for DJI fly app in the Apple app store and instead of open, it should say "update" That's how I had to do it, no deleting of the app necessary.

Yes, update popped up for me as well. No need to loose all your DJI data. Quick sunset flight (screen grab), with 1.1.6, did a couple of gimbal adjustments. All was fine, so much smoother!

Attachments

• newsw.jpg
    newsw.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs