DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 V1.1.6 update: advanced gimbal settings explained (& some nice shots of Malta)

You’re not missing anything. You just need to delete or uninstall the current 1.1.5 Fly app, go to the Apple store and when you do the search for DJI Fly app, you’ll see that it is the new 1.1.6 app. If you’re looking for 1.1.6 while 1.1.5 is installed.....you won’t see it. Uninstall!
Luckily the update showed up a little while ago. So no need to delete or uninstall! The update was done in a short time, and got to fly a bit with it. The gimbal movement and the yaw are smooth as silk.

Attachments

• newsw.jpg
    newsw.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: jlatas
I'm glad someone told us! I normally get apple apps update automatically. Never had to delete and reinstall before.

Reactions: jlatas
Luckily the update showed up a little while ago. So no need to delete or uninstall! The update was done in a short time, and got to fly a bit with it. The gimbal movement and the yaw are smooth as silk.
Glad you got it without uninstalling....Thumbswayup

Great video mate, everything I wanted to know. Pretty much emulated your settings and getting much much tidier video ? Nice work DJI too

Reactions: Ian in London
51 Drones recommandations are :
Pitch speed 15
Pitch smoothness 15
Yaw speed 30
Yaw smoothness 20
This is a good start and you can adjust to your liking after that.

51 Drones recommandations are :
Pitch speed 15
Pitch smoothness 15
Yaw speed 30
Yaw smoothness 20
This is a good start and you can adjust to your liking after that.
I would defo be going for a lower pitch speed.... but it's personal taste....

I would defo be going for a lower pitch speed.... but it's personal taste....
Yes you're right slower is better, this is just a starting point. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone noticed a bug with this advanced gimbal settings? I set the same settings for all 3 modes just like Ian in his super video. And I found out that gimbal speed & smoothness works perfect. Also yaw speed works perfect but yaw smoothness is problematic.

Yaw smothness sometimes work and sometimes not. Or it works in sport and tripod mode but not work in normal mode. Or it works in first minutes of flight and then stop working during flight. And other strange combinations.

I also saw the same glitch in one youtube video where everything was great just this yaw smoothness failed.

Any solution?

Thanks and have a good time :)

I have it on iOS, haven't checked/updated for my Samsung S20 yet. And Thank you - Ian in London - for the tips on settings!

Reactions: Ian in London
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter