DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 would not land

Dmascot

Reactions
After flying the first time post the new firmware update I descended down 300 feet attempting to land. The MA2 stopped coming down at about 20 feet elevation, even though I had the port stick down full. I let up on the stick a couple of times, and tried to land again. But each time It stayed hovering at 20 feet. Finally I pressed the auto land button and the drone started to land. At about 5 feet I canceled the auto land to see if I could land it myself. I was able to land it manually at that point. I did not see or hear any error messages. Is this part of the new safety feature added in the last firmware? I must say I really love the new camera zoom feature.

After flying the first time post the new firmware update I descended down 300 feet attempting to land. The MA2 stopped coming down at about 20 feet elevation, even though I had the port stick down full. I let up on the stick a couple of times, and tried to land again. But each time It stayed hovering at 20 feet. Finally I pressed the auto land button and the drone started to land. At about 5 feet I canceled the auto land to see if I could land it myself. I was able to land it manually at that point. I did not see or hear any error messages. Is this part of the new safety feature added in the last firmware? I must say I really love the new camera zoom feature.
Any chance your drone was facing into the sun? Bright sunlight sometimes confuses the obstacle avoidance, maybe it thought there was something in the way?

Reactions: dawgpilot
After flying the first time post the new firmware update I descended down 300 feet attempting to land. The MA2 stopped coming down at about 20 feet elevation, even though I had the port stick down full. I let up on the stick a couple of times, and tried to land again. But each time It stayed hovering at 20 feet. Finally I pressed the auto land button and the drone started to land. At about 5 feet I canceled the auto land to see if I could land it myself. I was able to land it manually at that point. I did not see or hear any error messages. Is this part of the new safety feature added in the last firmware?
This incident is probably related to the downward facing sensors.
A look at the recorded flight data would be needed to see what was going on.
Any chance your drone was facing into the sun? Bright sunlight sometimes confuses the obstacle avoidance, maybe it thought there was something in the way?
That would stop forward motion but not have any effect on downward motion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna