DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Made in America

Wasn't the Go Pro Karma American designed, and engineered. That drone may have contributed to the success of the Mavic more than any other single factor.
3DR is American made, but they may now be out of business.

• Sad
Reactions: Slim.slamma
im hoping he has good intentions

Well my fact checking failed me- there are a couple US fastener companies left so I edited my post above while you replied. My point is that we blew it by laying silent for so long as even our basic part manufacturers all dissolved.

Last edited:
If they are made in America we will be paying $500.00 for $50,00 drones.

Or a living wage?
Just kidding, there’s obviously a typo in his post with the comma, its either $5,000 or $50.00 that he meant.

And if you compare the worker conditions between the US and China, no wonder why they can undercut our domestic products so well.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Looks to me more like a case of someone in DoD having a friend in the drone industry who would like a lucrative government contract. :p

Anyway, they're too late, and their solution will be too expensive. I also wonder if they're going to make all the electronic coponents at home. *looks at theoretically American iphones*

I think you got that backwards and there’s an out of place comma... we’ll be paying $5,000 for a $500 drone?
There are a few US made small drones but their prices would not be attractive to consumers.
The Lockheed Indago is around $15000

Or do the arithmetic on the Black Hornet for a surprise.
It's specs wouldn't threaten a Mavic but the contract for 60 of them was reported to cost $2.6 million.
Your tax dollars at work?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus